• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Seelensturm said:
These are the vassals you can release from England and France. Just save and load the game again.

You can release Cornwall as a Vassal?? The Prince of Whales must have been thrilled.

Oddly, you can’t release Ireland, though you can release each of the Irish minors individually.

Fulcrumvale said:
Oddly, you can’t release Ireland, though you can release each of the Irish minors individually.

You can release Ireland if it managed to form before you annexed it. Otherwise, the country never existed, and so you can't release it.

Or so I believe.

MagisterMundi said:
You can release Ireland if it managed to form before you annexed it. Otherwise, the country never existed, and so you can't release it.

Or so I believe.

Then why can you release countries like Hainaut and Valenciennes as vassals? As far as I know, they never exist in the timeframe. I discovered this when I conquered them from Burgundy as Lorraine.

a small update from my portugal game

Kazan is takeing on Europe :eek:

20070320212806bm3.jpg

Westheim said:
Then why can you release countries like Hainaut and Valenciennes as vassals? As far as I know, they never exist in the timeframe. I discovered this when I conquered them from Burgundy as Lorraine.

Hm. Not sure, then.

Fulcrumvale said:
Having Ireland releasable would also allow it to form by revolt, thus leading to ridiculous situations with Ireland revolting from (eg) Leinster. Having England revolt from Great Britain (in Ireland!) is quite bad enough without muddling things further.

lsdlsd0 said:
You can release one of the minors, give/sell it the rest of Ireland and Ireland will form.
You do realize that selling provinces bugged, right?

MagisterMundi said:
Hm. Not sure, then.

All that matters is if the country has cores defined in the save. Valenciennes, for example, has cores defined in any start date so it can be released. The save only gets cores for Ireland, if Ireland is formed and thus has cores, because its cores are not saved in the history files.

Just sell provinces with atleast 2 diplomats in reserve. I've yet to have that fail on me.

Although the AI is stubborn and won't buy a wrong religion, wrong culture, no land connection province. Even for 0 ducats. :)

Cyrus_The_Great said:
I actually sort of laughed when i read the tooltip, "this province is mainly populated by old prussian people"

Same here, hence the post. It makes me think of the island as a kind of retirement community for the Teutonic Order, where they eat classic East Prussian dishes like Königsberger Klopse (veal meatballs) with coconuts and mangos. :rolleyes:

Better start saving up your renaissance 401ks !

My recycling bin after several days of grappling with a major Mod installation problem:
R1.jpg

R2.jpg

R3.jpg

R5.jpg

Westheim said:
You can release any country as a vassal if it has a core on a province you own.

Hainaut and Valenciennes have cores in 1453, even though they don't exist at game's start.

Ireland, on the other hand, does not get cores at the start of the game. If a country becomes Ireland, you can release it as a vassal (and you will HAVE to give it all its cores if you own them!) but otherwise you have to release the individual Irish states.

Lauwrenzo said:
a small update from my portugal game

Kazan is takeing on Europe :eek:

With outcomes like this one - I wonder why do people even bother with making fantasy scenarios :D