• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Featauril said:
Don't forget "2000 monopolies" ! :eek: and "Garrison : London" :D
Or one of my favourites: "Population Boom: Lose 2000 Missionaries"

Featauril said:
Know what? Bet Delhi doesen't have military access in Kashmir. The Delhi troops that are there just never got out since the treaty got cancelled/the Delhi-Kashmir war ended.

I know you can't fight rebels in a country in which you don't have access. I surmise that you can't fight more conventional enemies either.

I think you are right- Delhi forces are there after Delhi-Kashmir war, and unlikely to have military access. I have never seen this "no military access- no fighting" before, but it is a very valid explanation.

BTW, I found that ping-ponging rebels are nice sometimes. When I want to improve relationship with a neighbour, I just go to ping-pong his rebels. Every battle improves relations by +5.

Tarresh said:
Here you see me unable to offer vassaliation, while i meet all the requirements...
Does anyone maybe have an idea why 'offer vassaliation' is greyed out?
Relation 190 -> check
Alliance -> check
Royal Marriage -> check
Same religion -> check
At peace -> check
Having a diplomat -> check
Are you both at peace?

comagoosie said:
no inflation and no minting and no loans ;)
No cheating?

comagoosie said:
no inflation and no minting and no loans ;)

Wow, you are amazing. So was it just intensive trading? Im assuming you also moved your sliders to centralized. If you did do trading, how did you afford so many merchants? Each one costs 8-9 ducats for me and even if every single one managed to stick, I would only have maybe 15-20 merchants, and monthly income might be 15.

joshau-k said:
No cheating?
I do not cheat. ;)
JT121 said:
Wow, you are amazing. So was it just intensive trading? Im assuming you also moved your sliders to centralized. If you did do trading, how did you afford so many merchants? Each one costs 8-9 ducats for me and even if every single one managed to stick, I would only have maybe 15-20 merchants, and monthly income might be 15.
Correct the montly income is small to start so you must use your merchants wisely. As soon as you have 10 merchants placed your yearly income will be around 22 and then when you have as many as I do, it is around 35. So it is exponential, the more merchants you have the more you can send out to make money, the more you make money, the more you can send merchants out.
Neblogai said:
But lots of early wars on other minors, with tribute being cash + vassalisation, right?
That would destroy my trade, and it would take too long, and it would be too risky.

O, see, I have 10-12 placed merchants and only 11 monthly. I think the reason for that is because for some reason I went for Novgorod as my first trading center (it still had open spots, and was cheaper to send to) rather than do fierce competition in flanders. Does starting swiss hold its own in flanders?

It's been a long time since I followed (and posted in) this thread, so I don't know how common this is, particularly with IN, but I found it.. cute.

eu315vc1.jpg

Notice Lord Protector Llewelyn Pugh of Paraguay :D

JT121 said:
O, see, I have 10-12 placed merchants and only 11 monthly. I think the reason for that is because for some reason I went for Novgorod as my first trading center (it still had open spots, and was cheaper to send to) rather than do fierce competition in flanders. Does starting swiss hold its own in flanders?
I traded first in Venice then I moved to flanders. But what I do first is compare all of my compete chances to other countries and calculate if I have a good percentage of placing a merchant.

Also I moved my slider towards free trade.

comagoosie said:
That would destroy my trade, and it would take too long, and it would be too risky.

So Switzerland has enough of cash and gets enough of census tax to send out its merchants? How much does sending a merchant cost? In my games, it was 9 - 27 ducats (I was a bit mercantilist..:) ) - that's why I thought early wars for cash were needed. As Bihar, I had already ~580 ducats in treasury by 1410, 5 vassals, babboy of 1.08 (-1% compete chance), and prestige 37 (+3.7% compete chance).

Neblogai said:
So Switzerland has enough of cash and gets enough of census tax to send out its merchants? How much does sending a merchant cost? In my games, it was 9 - 27 ducats (I was a bit mercantilist..:) ) - that's why I thought early wars for cash were needed. As Bihar, I had already ~580 ducats in treasury by 1410, 5 vassals, babboy of 1.08 (-1% compete chance), and prestige 37 (+3.7% compete chance).
sending merchants were 9 ducats, so I sent out 1 each year, but that quickly escalated to where I could send out 5 each year (the date of the screenshot)
JT121 said:
doesnt switzerland start full free trade, or maybe I misread it.
their initial slider position.
Code:
aristocracy_plutocracy = 5
centralization_decentralization = 5
innovative_narrowminded = 0
mercantilism_freetrade = 0
offensive_defensive = -1
land_naval = -2
quality_quantity = -2
serfdom_freesubjects = 5
so no they don't have maxed out free trade and honestly they have horrible decentralization.

Nimic said:
Speaking of Switzerland...

eu318dx5.jpg

:eek:

It seems colonial countries are getting popular in Europe ;)