• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
spl said:
Turn historical rulers off :p
Its not Historical monarchs, its Event i beleive, its not strange since no event happened.
I believe Johan said something about it that it did not work.

Griffin.Gen said:
Its not Historical monarchs, its Event i beleive, its not strange since no event happened.
I believe Johan said something about it that it did not work.
There are no more rulers for Aragon though. The event options were implemented so modders could make them.

Event is a setting for modders. There's no events in vanilla, so that setting does nothing.

OneManArmy.jpg

My silly christian japaneese allies didn't want to assault this fortress... That single guy held out for over a year due to my incompetent allies and constant (status quo). Eventually he gave up, probably when he had used up all his munitions and had started throwing parts of the fortress at the besiegers.

TyroneSuccessionWar.jpg

The knights/Malta thought going to war over tyrone was a good idea, especially against a gigantic denmark spanning the globe who also rules Great Brittain, also gigantic and spanning the globe and France (ditto on the size). I could just sit back and watch the malteese get squished under my vassals.

That game the above screenshots is from is the first I ever played all the way from start to end. If anyone wants an end-report of how the world ended up as, just ask :p

NonexistantHojowar.jpg

So, I started a new game, as Shimazu. And lo and behold, one of the things that happened was a non-existant country declaring war upon my ally.

ShawneeInChina.jpg

And the shawnee indians must've paddled their canoes all the way around south america, or they invented teleportation.

Timbrizcha said:
ShawneeInChina.jpg

And the shawnee indians must've paddled their canoes all the way around south america, or they invented teleportation.
Nah, the aliens transported them in their spaceships. :)

Timbrizcha said:
OneManArmy.jpg

My silly christian japaneese allies didn't want to assault this fortress... That single guy held out for over a year due to my incompetent allies and constant (status quo). Eventually he gave up, probably when he had used up all his munitions and had started throwing parts of the fortress at the besiegers.

Interesting... what mod is that?

Oh, and regarding the screenshot a page or two back about the Golden Horde inhereting the Ottomans, remember that in IN, tribal governments get succession conflicts all the time, making them less stable, so that would almost always favor a Byzantine resurgence, I should think, barring some other influence.

Timbrizcha said:
The knights/Malta thought going to war over tyrone was a good idea, especially against a gigantic denmark spanning the globe who also rules Great Brittain, also gigantic and spanning the globe and France (ditto on the size). I could just sit back and watch the malteese get squished under my vassals.

How did the Knights get a royal marriage with Tyrone? Weren't they a theocracy?

In my current Byzantium game I took Rhodes from the Knights, and when they reappeared in Malta, they were a monarchy, and it would be interesting to know if that happens a lot... :confused:

EU3_148.jpg

This one just makes me :rofl:

EU3_149.jpg

When the Royal Accountant made a small error in the books, the King's advisors suggested he be fired. After careful consideration, the King decided to give the accountant a raise and send his advisors to the guillotine.

EU3_154.jpg

"You say the Norwegians aren't happy about Danish rule? Nonsense!"

EU3_157.jpg

Peru does a little adventuring.

EU3_171.jpg

While his enemies thought he had died in the 17th century, Oliver Cromwell had, in fact, invented a crude time machine which he used to travel almost 200 years into the future, in order to become Mexico's greatest general ever.

EU3_170.jpg

In its early years, English Mexico often found itself at odds with the Castillian USA.

EU3_168.jpg

With the aid of the time-traveling General Cromwell, the ambitious President of Mexico, Maximillian Cook, launches three seperate revolutionary wars simultaneously. Brilliant!

EU3_179.jpg

In defiance of all odds, common sense, and even the inexorable inertia of history, Serbia shines for one brief moment as the dominant power of the Balkans... before being ruthlessly squashed by Bohemia, Austria, and the Pope.

EU3_198.jpg

The London aristocracy finally decides to embrace the Reformation. Man, when the rest of Britain finds out, they are gonna be maaad...

EU3_188.jpg

"What do you mean they're winning and offering to surrender at the same time? That crafty Pope, he's up to something. Charge!" (This was literally every single thing I could offer as tribute, and the Ottomans were still refusing. They ended up settling for a White Peace later. :rofl: )

EU3_194.jpg

After a heavy night of partying, the Cardinals get a little confused and suggest to the Pope that he needs to become Catholic. Needless to say, he was not amused.

EU3_196.jpg

The Pope's mood was not at all improved later that morning when he asked for an update from his finest scholars on their current research, and their response came back, "Dunno".

EU3_197.jpg

Finally, when word came in that a Sunni Muslim from the far side of Damascus had declared himself Pope, the real Pope just lost it. The Kingdom of Italy was formed the next day. And we thought he was mad about the French...

Last edited:
Garak said:
Interesting... what mod is that?

Oh, and regarding the screenshot a page or two back about the Golden Horde inhereting the Ottomans, remember that in IN, tribal governments get succession conflicts all the time, making them less stable, so that would almost always favor a Byzantine resurgence, I should think, barring some other influence.

MMG2 I believe.

Totmes III said:
How did the Knights get a royal marriage with Tyrone? Weren't they a theocracy?

In my current Byzantium game I took Rhodes from the Knights, and when they reappeared in Malta, they were a monarchy, and it would be interesting to know if that happens a lot... :confused:

They switched to protestant at some time in history and I think in MMG2 there's an event that lets them turn into a duchy instead. That's what happened.

Garak said:
EU3_168.jpg

With the aid of the time-traveling General Cromwell, the ambitious President of Mexico, Maximillian Cook, launches three seperate revolutionary wars simultaneously. Brilliant!
My favorite part about this screenshot is that Mexico are fighting revolutionary wars against both GB and Zapotec who, in turn, are fighting a revolutionary war against GB :D They revolt against the British only to later revolt against their new masters, the Zapotec, while the first revolution is still going on

Abraxas said:
My favorite part about this screenshot is that Mexico are fighting revolutionary wars against both GB and Zapotec who, in turn, are fighting a revolutionary war against GB :D They revolt against the British only to later revolt against their new masters, the Zapotec, while the first revolution is still going on

Lol, yeah, I forgot about that part. Mexico was really screwed up for a while at the end of that game. I guess I might be partly to blame for repeatedly occupying most of England and driving up Great Britain's WE. ;)

Garak said:
EU3_157.jpg

Peru does a little adventuring.
It looks like Peru isn't the only country that went adventuring! Corsica in Africa?