• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
2593512513_6976054f35_o.jpg

This is one of the craziest Britains I've seen for a while.

Playing as France, I logically warned England at the very start of the game. They annexed Connacht, and then DOW'ed Tyrone, which gave me the window to take them out. I quickly captured Calais, Gascogne and Saintonge and eventually knocked Portugal out of the war and my Scottish allies settled for a cheap peace. And then it became a waiting game. I built up my fleet to prepare for a landing in Kent, but before I could, rebellions popped up everywhere. Once Wales declared their independence, the English offered up Gascogne and Saintonge, and I quickly accepted to satisfy the mission.

Burgundy then DOW'ed England and took Calais. (It wasn't long before it defected to me, so I was cool with that.) Scotland was also opportunistic, and grabbed Yorkshire shortly after that. Tyrone took Meath and Connacht declared independence.

The rebellions continued for the next 60 or so years. And no, that isn't a typo. Competing armies of Welsh footmen and revolting peasants had conquered all the English provinces and would roam around laying siege to provinces each other had captured. Northumberland then declared independence and joined the party.

After several generations of more or less static war, several bankruptcies and at least one political upheaval, England finally found peace with Wales. Northumberland ran afoul of Scotland and was annexed, only to split off again in the Marches. They dominated central Britain for a while before they were beaten by the Welsh, losing most of their land in the process. Cornwall broke away, and has remained relatively peaceful.

Most recently, Glamorgan had a religious rebellion and declared for... Galicia? (Which is in its second iteration, this time as a merchant republic.)

Scotland has owned Yorkshire long enough not only to get its core, but to convert the culture to Scottish.

All the remaining Irish states are my vassals. Tyrone inherited Leinster, and has started colonizing Canada.

____

UPDATE: Less than a year after this screenie, Scotland DOW'ed England, followed immediately by Cornwall and Northumberland. Cornwall took Wessex and Scotland took the two northern provinces. England is still fighting Northumberland, so it's possible that they'll be reduced to a OPM by the end of 1569.

Aside from annexing Connacht in 1400, I don't think they've won a war this whole game. I've never seen England spend this long being Europe's doormats.

Last edited:
Austria and Portugal get into a fight about who should be king of Scotland, drag Castille into the war, and this is the result.

Ouch.

Since I'm at war with Castille anyway, I hatch a cunning plan to steal Gibraltar :)

A few minutes later this happens:

The mission is to have a CoT in the British Isles. I've had one in London since the mid 15th century.

Last edited:
Lord Boreal said:
Austria and Portugal get into a fight about who should be king of Scotland, drag Castille into the war, and this is the result.

Ouch.

Since I'm at war with Castille anyway, I hatch a cunning plan to steal Gibraltar :)

What flag mod are you using? Is it just Englands flag that is changed?

Merlin's Graphics Mod. A few flags, ships, uniforms etc

Lord Boreal said:
A few minutes later this happens:

The mission is to have a CoT in the British Isles. I've had one in London since the mid 15th century.
That is an awesome mission. Who cares if it is buggy, as long as it is 50 ducats I am fine :cool:

Gigalocus said:
Is it IN compatible? I heard it wasn't.

Well the flags work atleast, not sure about the rest, can't remember what the originals look like

Who says France is an unbeatable monster?

Yes, France managed to actually break fully on their own (I had no influence on europe at all, apart from, ahem, "resizing" Lithuania a bit).

Dragnar said:

Yes, France managed to actually break fully on their own (I had no influence on europe at all, apart from, ahem, "resizing" Lithuania a bit).
Were they 'lucky'? If not, it makes all the difference in IN ;)

Dragnar said:

francefailseb6.th.jpg

What country is that in Iberia?

The Ottoman Empire?

Lucky nations were set to "random". I've never seen France not get one of the spots, though I honestly didn't check.
Probably not, seeing how successful they are. :)

And the light green country in Iberia is Dauphine, a reformed country breaking free of France and getting loads of spanish provinces thanks to the reformation being widely successful there (you can see their two original provinces in southern france).

Dragnar said:
And the light green country in Iberia is Dauphine...

And that is why the next patch is going to fix religious rebels!

Right?!?! Right?!?!?! :(

EUROO7 said:
And that is why the next patch is going to fix religious rebels!

Right?!?! Right?!?!?! :(
It had better :wacko:. The current system makes absolutely no sense. Zealots should try to convert the country they're in, not defect to a random minor.

DavidsonShdw said:
On the other hand, when Zealots defect from (Reformed) Castille to (Catholic) Aragon, its not too bad.

Yes, But most of the time they defect to Switzerland or some German Minor. :(

Screenshots :wacko:

Rebels Trying to escape though portal :D
eu35ed2.jpg

Our satellites see through the fog of war!
eu37oo7.jpg

Hormuz province is not bad in paying tax:
eu314dj1.jpg

And now two screenshots of heroic battles- 2000 cavalry get assaulted by 15000 Chineese with rather good general.
eu39io1.jpg

Artillery not being afraid of 10:1 rule :) They hold our for 20 days, then more artillery and some cavalry came to help them
eu312qq6.jpg

DavidsonShdw said:
On the other hand, when Zealots defect from (Reformed) Castille to (Catholic) Aragon, its not too bad.
Is there an example of this sort of defection happening? I can't think of one.