• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I think I know why. It'll be because it's often a successful revolter, the military AI being crap at anything involving islands, and having revolted it'll likely be in most remaining HRE powers' good books for the same reason - its puny single province and weak invasion AI preclude insane conquering sprees and badboi crises.

Earl Uhtred said:
I think I know why. It'll be because it's often a successful revolter, the military AI being crap at anything involving islands, and having revolted it'll likely be in most remaining HRE powers' good books for the same reason - its puny single province and weak invasion AI preclude insane conquering sprees and badboi crises.
Yep, I often see Corsica, Cypress, or Crete as HRE in vanilla, and I too suspect this is the reason. [plug]Fortunately for me Magna Mundi includes vast improvements to the HRE system.[/plug]

Venice.jpg

huh?

Venice has been kicked out of Venice?
Odd.

WillT said:
My guess is that Venezia rebeled and formed a country. Then Milan annexed that country.

Or, rather, Milan annexed Venezia, then some of the old Venetian provinces revolted and formed a new Venezia - sans, incidentally, Venezia. I recently saw the same thing happen to Utrecht.

ElectricEel said:
I got a revolt-event on my Persian border, 9 regiments. The persians, who I had given military access earlier when they asked, decided to help out!

(Our relations are not very good, me having invaded them earlier and all.)

Once I had rebels in my land (occupied land really) and then the French (who owned the province and had been marching before the rebellion) came and started fighting with me! Here is a conversation between towo troops at the French-English (I was England) camp when they were fighting together:

English Soldier: Let's go get the bloody rebel scum!

French Soldier: It will be an esay fight. In France we have very frequent rebellions over everything from bad wages to our own stink. Most rebels quickly say "we surrender!" after seeing the opposing army. This is the 17th rebellion I've fought against.

English Soldier: For a Frenchie, you're not to bad.

French Soldier: You're not to bad for an Englishman. Too bad we'll be fighting eachother soon.

English Soldier: Well, you can get on the left side on the battle and I'll get on the right so we won't have to face eachother.

French Soldier: Then we'll end on the same side.

English Soldier: I ment regular left for you and English left for me. Eglish left is the same as your right.

MagisterMundi said:
Or, rather, Milan annexed Venezia, then some of the old Venetian provinces revolted and formed a new Venezia - sans, incidentally, Venezia. I recently saw the same thing happen to Utrecht.
But Venice revolting with so many provinces (including some off screen apparently since none on it are the capital) or winning them in wars seems very unlikely to me.

Duke of Wellington said:
But Venice revolting with so many provinces (including some off screen apparently since none on it are the capital) or winning them in wars seems very unlikely to me.
Actually, I think Brescia is the capital. But that's still very odd though :eek:

The capital is in Crete.

Duke of Wellington said:

Really? Maybe I should send you some screens of my current Maldives game... there's all sorts of weird multi-province countries forming due to AI negligence when provinces revolt (oftentimes the AI has a big military stack sitting right next to the revolting province, but it doesn't DO anything with them).