• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
23tkw76.jpg

What more needs saying ...
In case anyone is worried, all features still work and it just looks a little weird.

Serio said:
Next thing: Sunni Papal State!

I had a picture a long time ago of Roma converting to reformed. But the Papal States where dead and was controlled by Either Aragon or Moracco i forget

Sometimes I think that VAMPIRES can severely damage the might of Lithuanian Empire

eu3156if4.jpg

That's actually very historical. Vlad III The Impaler, Prince of Wallachia around the mid 1400s, was known as Vlad Dracula or simply Dracula from his exceedingly cruel torture methods, one of which had horses attached to the victim's legs while a large, sharpened, oiled stake was impaled through the person's.... hole, and came out through the mouth. Very gruesome man, gonna give Lithuania huge amounts of trouble.

Hmm, I wonder which one the pope went to...

TwoCouncilsoftheCounte-Reformation.jpg

And they happened the same day too.

spl said:
!!!
That looks like your Papal AAR...war with GB? :p

Aye, you'll find out soon... ;)

Kryzantine said:
That's actually very historical. Vlad III The Impaler, Prince of Wallachia around the mid 1400s, was known as Vlad Dracula or simply Dracula from his exceedingly cruel torture methods, one of which had horses attached to the victim's legs while a large, sharpened, oiled stake was impaled through the person's.... hole, and came out through the mouth. Very gruesome man, gonna give Lithuania huge amounts of trouble.

Will he? I'm asking, because name Dracula came from: "His Romanian surname Drǎculea, is derived from his father's title Dracul, meaning affiliation to and/or descent from "Dracul" (see Vlad II Dracul); the latter was a member of the Order of the Dragon created by Emperor Sigismund", "The word "dracul" means "the Devil" or "demon" in modern Romanian but in Vlad's day also meant "dragon", and derives from the Latin word Draco, also meaning "dragon".
And active members in this this Order of the Dragon (from which Dracula got his name) together with HRE Sigismund, were Vytautas, Jogaila, Henry V.. :)

Dracula was written by a Englishman that heard of Vlad the Impaler.
So, it was based off him and I would guess he made him a blood-sucker because he did barbaric things to the OE.
Also, in Transyavania, there was a noble-women that kidnaped vergin women and killed them and then sucked there blood. So, he might have gotten insperation off of that.

Common, it is much more interesting to insinuate that half of European rulers where vampires :)

Selected list of inductees from 1408:

* Stefan Lazarevic, Despot of Serbia
* Sigismund of Luxembourg, King of Hungary
* King Alfonso of Aragon and Naples
* King Ladislaus II of Poland
* Grand Prince Vytautas of Lithuania
* Duke Ernst of Austria
* Christopher III, Duke of Bavaria and King of Denmark
* Henry V of England
* Vladislaus II of Bohemia and Hungary
* Pipo of Ozora
* Nicolae of Gara (Garai); aka Nicholas II Garay
* Stibor of Stiboricz (List of rulers of Transylvania)

Selected list of inductees from after 1431:

* Vlad II Dracul
* Oswald von Wolkenstein
* Vlad III Dracula

Dragon_order_insignia.jpg

The story goes that, after defeating the Ottomans in battle (Wallachia could do that in real life, but try it in EU3??? That's crazy talk :wacko: ) Vlad Dracula had all of the enemy soldiers impaled and left in a sort of corpse-forest. :eek:

He actually had interesting motives for the bloodiness, though: his father was a leading emissary from the HRE to the Ottomans, and on one diplomatic visit, the Turks siezed Dracul and his family (including the young Vlad Dracula). They let Dracul go but kept his sons as prisoners to ensure cooperation. Vlad's prison cell, then, happened to overlook the courtyard where the Turks routinely executed prisoners- by impalement. Thus, when he escaped and siezed power in Wallachia, he impaled Turks as a form of payback for his years of imprisonment.

Check this extensive history out: http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_killers/history/vlad/index_1.html . Reading this article is what made me choose my current avatar. :)

1b.jpg

Bringin' Sexy Back since 1456!

Last edited:
Amob_m_s said:
The story goes that, after defeating the Ottomans in battle (Wallachia could do that in real life, but try it in EU3??? That's crazy talk :wacko: ) Vlad Dracula had all of the enemy soldiers impaled and left in a sort of corpse-forest. :eek:

He actually had interesting motives for the bloodiness, though: his father was a leading emissary from the HRE to the Ottomans, and on one diplomatic visit, the Turks siezed Dracul and his family (including the young Vlad Dracula). They let Dracul go but kept his sons as prisoners to ensure cooperation. Vlad's prison cell, then, happened to overlook the courtyard where the Turks routinely executed prisoners- by impalement. Thus, when he escaped and siezed power in Wallachia, he impaled Turks as a form of payback for his years of imprisonment.

Check this extensive history out: http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_killers/history/vlad/index_1.html . Reading this article is what made me choose my current avatar. :)

1b.jpg

Bringin' Sexy Back since 1456!
they did it in my game. :D i was really surprised... but wallachia got silistria an budjak from OE in an war, and transylvania got serbia from the in the same war. :D And I'm not even in the same alliance as them, to help... I was playing as mecklemburg.. :)
But..in IN the ottomans are a bit weak... even aechea got a province from them.