• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
adventchild667 said:
I see your minor romans and raise you a medium power revitalized byzantine empire
EU3_1.jpg
Is this sort of thing quite common in IN? I've been reading that Byz are too good.

Meh, OE tends to handle their initial war and revolts badly, which leaves some room for By to expand.

The swedish seemed to be more docile than ever before. The reason? A monstrous inflation of doom! Are there any events in vanilla NA or MMG2 that could possibly give that sort of astronomical inflation?
SwedishMonsterInflation.jpg

Trebizond have just sat there in their corner of the world and done nothing to nobody, and no one has ever bothered them. They haven't even been at war with anyone... ever (after looking in the savegame).
SurvivingTrabzon.jpg

(Naxos belongs to me, since my dear allies, Cyprus dowed them for the fifth time, dragging me into a half-assed war where I did all the work while the cypriots happily made up war ballads or something. I got bored with it and annexed the poor greeks to end their misery.)

The Ottomans were busy beating the snot out of Venice. Then they make peace... and the Ottomans pay the venetians 100 ducats?? (missed taking a screen of the peace treaty)
StupidOttomans.jpg

And last, the pope taking his time to sail over the atlantic to take over a french little island.
PapistsGuadelope.jpg

It's nice to see the Protestants trying to spread their faith in North Africa, but this is too much. :p Only the province was Protestant, but then I released Fez as a vassal to see if they would be Prot. They were. :D
ProtestantFez.jpg

I thought we were moving away from EU2. :rofl:
OttomanNeva.jpg

Duke of Wellington said:
Is this sort of thing quite common in IN? I've been reading that Byz are too good.

It's only common if a human is controlling Byz, but thats to be expected. The AI Byz usually gets wiped out.

adventchild667 said:
I see your minor romans and raise you a medium power revitalized byzantine empire
EU3_1.jpg

No complaints for the map but it is a bit funny that Thessaloniki appears where Larisa is ( 250km on the South) .
*Looks like multicultural/multi religious empires will have a bit of trouble surviving iin IN

The Protestant Reformation spreads to Tangiers!

eu33kx2.jpg

I thought only European provinces could be affected by the Reformation; maybe this is a bug,

Denmark: the archenemy of the Byzantines.

EU3_28kopio.jpg

It looks like the Danes have some sort of obsession to gain domination of the Balkans (they own Croatia, Ragusa and province next to it and have Serbia as their vassals).

I still consider my ming pic as the strangest screen shot ( excluding the bad writing. )

Korea never went to war with Ming, yet it has provinces in the middle of the vast ming empire.... on the southern border.

Kazmir said:
Denmark: the archenemy of the Byzantines.

EU3_28kopio.jpg

It looks like the Danes have some sort of obsession to gain domination of the Balkans (they own Croatia, Ragusa and province next to it and have Serbia as their vassals).
We danes have always needed alot of space. Which is why there was the Kalmar union :D

The Danes continue their Balkan domination, this time they get involved in a succession war with massive Bohemia for:

EU3_30.jpg

They fight on for years and get flooded of rebels, they are pretty much equally powerful and there's no end in sight for the war. Later on Brandenburg declared independence from both states.

EU3_35.jpg

And thus the victorious Bohemia may rejoice for their great victory as they have acquired new worthless piece of wasteland (that broke free after two years).

EU3_37.jpg

Also, don't you just hate when this happens? :mad:

EU320080530175901EU3.jpg

And the situation changes again in the Balkans, or nearby at least.

EU320080530194836EU.jpg

Never seen Transylvania manage to expand like that before. :p
Note that the Golden Horde is pushing towards Europe again. Surprised they're doing so well. Oh yeah, all those provinces revolted to Transylvania. They have only been once at war in this game and that was when they broke free from Hungary (as vassals).

r6mile said:
I thought only European provinces could be affected by the Reformation; maybe this is a bug,
I don't think so personally. In my game as Castile, my Algiers-posessions have turned reformed. Tunis however chose for regular protestantism.