• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
spl, just thought you'd find this interesting:

Its 1611 in my GB game, and I was looking at the Holy Roman Empire, and I noticed Moldavia was an elector! First of all, they survived to 1611. They aren't anyone's vassal or anything. In fact, Austria guarantees their independence. It seems they are fairly safe.

Unfortunately, I don't have a screenshot.

JT121 said:

Its 1611 in my GB game, and I was looking at the Holy Roman Empire, and I noticed Moldavia was an elector! First of all, they survived to 1611. They aren't anyone's vassal or anything. In fact, Austria guarantees their independence. It seems they are fairly safe.

Yay!
Victory!!!!

JT121 said:

Nice! Currently the best surviving nation in my game is Burgundy. It's around 1530, and they're one of the largest countries, having taken most of France, Austria, Denmark, and they're scratching Sweden.

now who was it saying that Moldavia was a complete wreck and could never succeed. Well hah to them, the AI somehow figured it out.

I suspect they were vassalized at one point and then got released, but does the AI release vassals?

JT121 said:
now who was it saying that Moldavia was a complete wreck and could never succeed. Well hah to them, the AI somehow figured it out.

I suspect they were vassalized at one point and then got released, but does the AI release vassals?
The AI releases vassals all the time, but they usually reannex them eventually.

Haftetavenscrap said:

Actually, I don't think that they release them except when forced to as part of a peace settlement.

Haftetavenscrap said:

I see the ottomans do it all the time, but since most of their vassals are wrong-religion, they cannot be re-annexed

DPS said:
Actually, I don't think that they release them except when forced to as part of a peace settlement.
If they're released as part of a peace settlement, the country that forced their release is their new ally. If the country releases the of their own free will, they become that country's vassal. I've seen both on many occasions.

Wezqu said:
I have seen Mughal Empire in two of my games. In the other Timurid Empire formed it and then they went on a conquest party in the middle east.
Haha, oh yeah. Currently, nothing is as it seems in my game. Burgundy, which is usually always the tiny vassal of France country, is now close to vassalizing France, and Austria. Meanwhile, the Ottomans, who are usually eradicated by Hungary, have been completely destroyed by Kazan. I'll grab some pictures of the colorfull map i have :p

From MMG1.792:

EU3_73.png

Behold! The vast and powerful Manchu Empire!

EU3_75.png

Look who Orissa has been at war with lately.

EU3_81.png

Always funny to see the pope as papal controller. Who does he think he is?

EU3_83.png

:rofl:

EU3_86.png

Mazovria occupied something!

EU3_87.png

So did Naxos - except they annexed it!

EU3_90.png

Fear the Irish!

EU3_98.png

The Knights annexed something!

From MMG2:
163percent.png

My Tlaxcalan enemies are masters of siegecraft!

Last edited:
mandead said:
I think the fact he's on his seventh King Charles is far more of a feat, given the relatively early date (1606).

The sad thing is that Carlos I-VI were all damn good, with Carlos II or III being a 6/8/7 superman. In the 70 years since, I have yet to get another Carlos.

Tver, hasn't been annexed and has gained some provinces!
EU3_2-16.png