+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 1283 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 27 52 77 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange Screenshots

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandEU Rome Collectors EditionEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Johan
    Thats the intent of the "luck" factor.. to build up upto 8 major powers that can provide challenge for the mid & endgame.
    Yeah, and I applaud the creativity in coming up with that idea. It's great, it doesn't give all the AI nations bonuses while still providing the player with more challenge later on.

same for me , exept they crush the mamlouk , the other bigger naion is timoourid , same size and.... ally with persia?
    Timurds are pretty damn big here too. In my game Russia hasn't, formed yet mainly because of those pesky Knights who took all of Novogorod (which has come back to life). Poor Russia..

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by GrimPagan
    I guess this is where Ayeshenti's ancestors fled after Scotland got a English king.
    It was the other way around; England got a Scottish King. King James VI of Scotland gained the English throne and coined the term 'Great Britain'.
    'Gentlemen, we're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick-insect got stuck on a sticky bun' - Capt. E. Blackadder.

He who binds to himself a joy, Does the winged life destroy;
    But he who kisses the joy as it flies, Lives in eternity's sun rise. - William Blake

The Empire needs YOU.. Come and post something nice about my AAR. The House of Habsburg. Victoria Revolutions VIPR01. Winner of the WritAAR of the Week Award 13 January 2008.

DiplomacyDivine WindFor the MotherlandEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Markusw7
    there actually was a leader of the creek called that
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_McIntosh
    Oops. We blame Wikipeida for this one. The McIntosh disambiguation didn't mention him.
    Snake IV used to be a regular, but not anymore. You might, however, come across him at rare occasions, but that is so seldom you'll manage.

The biggest nation in Europe being ruled by a one prov Balkan nation?

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Wellington

The biggest nation in Europe being ruled by a one prov Balkan nation?
    Happened a few times in European history; for instance, Navarre controlling France.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandEU Rome Collectors EditionEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Well, the big Persia I took a screen of earlier in the thread is now pushing 60-70 provinces, and not looking to stop either (just gobbling more and more of the Ottomans and Mameluks in particular). Also got some relativly big nations in South-East Asia, though nothing like Persia. I love this new lucky nations business

Not hilarious perhaps, but I found it mildly amusing.

The year is 1506, fighting between HRE-members has gone to the point where only 11 members remain, and they all *absolutely* hate eachother, not one of the electors votes for another HRE-member. Instead they seem to vote for the least evil outside Imperial borders, many votes goes to me (Sweden) despite having waged countless wars of agression to control the coastline from Ingermanland to Lübeck.

Suddenly a solution comes from the far east. Trebizond declares it independance from the Ottomans and is immediately voted Emperor, for no other reason than because the HRE electors has not yet had the time to wage war against that nation ot otherwise sour relations.

Note the elector who is still voting for me even though relations are at -60, supposedly they vote for their favourite nation so they must hate everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Gabryel Karolin
    Not hilarious perhaps, but I found it mildly amusing.

The year is 1506, fighting between HRE-members has gone to the point where only 11 members remain, and they all *absolutely* hate eachother, not one of the electors votes for another HRE-member. Instead they seem to vote for the least evil outside Imperial borders, many votes goes to me (Sweden) despite having waged countless wars of agression to control the coastline from Ingermanland to Lübeck.

Suddenly a solution comes from the far east. Trebizond declares it independance from the Ottomans and is immediately voted Emperor, for no other reason than because the HRE electors has not yet had the time to wage war against that nation ot otherwise sour relations.

Note the elector who is still voting for me even though relations are at -60, supposedly they vote for their favourite nation so they must hate everyone
    I get that too. Right now the HRE is rulled by Transylvania, with the runner up being Ethiopia.

Quote Originally Posted by madogvelkor
    I get that too. Right now the HRE is rulled by Transylvania, with the runner up being Ethiopia.
    LOL! Ethiopa, now that's strange.

Admiral of the Ocean Blue brisduv's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k club

I don't know the rules for HRE yet, but it shouldn't the emperor nation AND the electors all be Roman Catholic?

Marat, l'Ami du Peuple Nuclear Winter's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Victoria 2

Seems fitting that the last heirs of the Eastern Roman Empire are ellected emperors of the Western part of it

I'm curious to know what happened with poor little Trabizond after that - the HRE bonuses might have helped it against the ottomans, but how long can they last?
    Farewell to signatures!

I'm curious to know what happened with poor little Trabizond after that - the HRE bonuses might have helped it against the ottomans, but how long can they last?
    They're still around in 1545 , still one province, allied with a quite powerful Venice (they have taken most of Austria). The Ottomans have been preoccupied with fighting either Persia or the Mameluks with noone seeming to get the upper hand. They're no longer the Emperor, though.

keep these coming, i gotta wait another week.... but I always enjoy these threads

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Talking

Now this was in 1459, before Bohemia and Mecklemburg got rolling in their game of Hungry Hungry German Hippos:

'How do you say Heliges Reich in Greek?'

Same here. Hope we can get a screeni of an aztec HRE! Maybe even an rebelscum elected as in the EU2 version of this thread. (though if the rebels shall have any chanse off becoming emperor they better start revolting in the big blobs countries !! )

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteVictoria: Revolutions

Quote Originally Posted by valzoz_p94
    Maybe even an rebelscum elected as in the EU2 version of this thread. (though if the rebels shall have any chanse off becoming emperor they better start revolting in the big blobs countries !! )

I'll see what I can do........

Nice to see so many odd HREs!
    Support the right to arm bears My Lemeard Cookie for making a 4 way TIE
    Jamie550: I've just read the last ten pages, and now I know why Jonti has by far the most wins
    No, this is complex Lite with Euros Lemeards and jontis. - EUROO7
    As far as I know is jonti always evil. British 19th-century sophisticated evil. with a cigar - the_hdk
    Wisdom from EUROO7: Listen to jonti, noob.| Marty99 " Werewolf is basically the Sesame Street of bigotry. "
    I see noob people. Walking around like regular people. They don't see each other. They only see what they want to see. They don't know they're noob.

(Interim Avatar)
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome

athens as HRE =
    The Ebony Cross and the Sacred Eagle (Ongoing)
    ---Favorite History-Book AAR, Eu3 (Q2 2008)
    ---Weekly AAR Showcase, 1/13/08
    Charter member of "The Warlord Club"

Awards:
    Fan of the Week: 3/4/07, 4/29/07, 6/18/07, 2/19/08, 4/11/08
    WritAAR of the Week: 5/20/07
    I was canonized! 4/21/07

My ink well thingy...

Quote Originally Posted by brisduv
    I don't know the rules for HRE yet, but it shouldn't the emperor nation AND the electors all be Roman Catholic?
    No, three of the original seven electorates were Protestant, and the Thirty Years War was started when the Bohemians invited a protestant to take the crown, which would have given the protestants a majority of the electorates and thus bring in a protestant Imperial dynasty.

I would think the protestants ought to have the option of winning the Empire, since it was such a close thing that was heavily fought over historically.
    "A government must not waver once it has chosen it's course. It must not look to the left or right but go forward." - Otto von Bismarck

HOI2 AAR: The Knight in Blue and Silver.
    Complete! Germany under von Lettow-Vorbeck struggles with ancient enemies, communists, evil gods, and aliens.
    Weekly Showcase AAR: December 19-26, 2005

Quote Originally Posted by SpiralPegasus
    Now this was in 1459, before Bohemia and Mecklemburg got rolling in their game of Hungry Hungry German Hippos:

'How do you say Heliges Reich in Greek?'
    Is it me or did none of the electors vote for Athens at all?

I see two votes for one of the electors but I don't think electors can become emperor. But again did anyone vote for Athens at all?

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome Gold

Presumabely Athens won the election some time back and has since then been surpassed in the electors' eyes by other nations.
    If anyone wants to use any events, decisions, etc that I post here in their mod, then feel free. All I ask is that you massage my ego by saying what you are doing with it in a reply to the thread you find it on.

"Be vewy quiet I'm hunting Wancastwians"
    - Elmer, Duke of York

I reject your fealty and substitute my own!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 1283 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 27 52 77 102 ... LastLast