• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
spl said:
Rodrico Stak: :eek: How did you pull that war off?
I waited until all of Ming's armies were in the south, fighting rebels and Atthutya (sp?), and then attacked (my ally Oriat Horde and puppets Oda, Korea, and Tibet joined in). Korea and I took the nine northernmost provinces of Ming, and by that time Ming started having soldiers up there, but most of their soldiers were now in Tibet, which since it is a vassal could not make a separate peace, so that was OK. Eventually, after Korea and I took provinces as far south as Shaanxi, Ming accepted my peace offer! I was totally surprised when it happened - my alliance has about 1/3 of the soldiers that Ming has!

So... our old friend the king of Baden decides to die, and the succesion war starts... between allies.

loluw4.jpg

Here's a couple strange ones:
EU3_11.png

Ming inherited Japan. I've never seen Japan owned by anyone else before (except for me, and that doesn't count).

EU3_12.png

Behold the Royal Navy of England and the Spanish (Castillian) Armada. Neither of them is doing too well. Currently, the biggest navy (other than me) belongs to Austria.

Haftetavenscrap said:
Here's a couple strange ones:
Ming inherited Japan. I've never seen Japan owned by anyone else before (except for me, and that doesn't count).

I guess I have an unusual game then. Japan, Korea and Ming got allied from the start, and in around 1600 Ming inherited the others in the same year..:)

Edit: Also, Korea and Ming were all the time allied to Manchu, so the were no wars in far east at all :)

Last edited:
I'll have to post a screen shot if I switch (can't see North America from Muscovy yet) but got a notice that Brittany had annexed Cherokee... Brittany is colonial power! (first time I have ever seen it)

Krager said:
I'll have to post a screen shot if I switch (can't see North America from Muscovy yet) but got a notice that Brittany had annexed Cherokee... Brittany is colonial power! (first time I have ever seen it)
NA changed QFTNW a little..
I have seen Brittany take it a few times (less in 2.2) and Scotland a few times...Also...In my America Mod I have noticed Brazil take it often.

This is from a hands-off test game with MEIOU, as Sioux (so far away from Europe, i have the map cause i set them in latin tech group) :

... the revenge of the Mameluks... :D

eu333rs4.jpg

Haftetavenscrap: I just had to post this one in response to your fleet size screen........maybe i should say that our arms race got a bit out of hand in EGA8 , just take a look at the number of big ships:
EU3_52.png

Falahk said:
Haftetavenscrap: I just had to post this one in response to your fleet size screen........maybe i should say that our arms race got a bit out of hand in EGA8 , just take a look at the number of big ships:
QUOTE]That's certainly a sharp contrast :D. However, I notice Britain's navy is a bit on the small side...

OK, so we've all seen Sweden and Denmark fighting it out for control of Scandinavia, and England or France or Poland or Novgorod getting involved, but any guesses who this is dominating the peninsula and reducing Denmark and Sweden to rump minors?
Tim_Scand.JPG

Yup, its that well-known North European power, the Timurids. They (with Qara Koyunlu, who annexed Lithuania) came straight over Russia, annexed Muscovy, crippled Novgorod and then clashed with a Denmark that had inherited Norway, annexed Sweden and almost recreated the Kalmar Union. It did not go well for the Danes. Actually, it went even worse than it looks, because the Sweden in the screenshot is a Timurid vassal force-released from Denmark and the Timurids have converted most of the provinces they control to Islam. :boggle:

In other news, you can see that France inherited Burgundy :eep: and that the Ottomans control the Baltic provinces (at one point they controlled pretty much all of Eastern Europe, but by the time the screenshot was taken I (Austria) had managed to liberate Poland and Prussia.)