• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
not exactly a screenshot but anyway...i hope you like my little story :p

played a nice burgundian civil war in MM, meanwhile i managed to get most of the provinces of the ottomans in an other war (had tech advantage over them, and had the 'long wait' event a lot), i started to convert all the balkan provinces to catholic, then focused on the civil war again (plus France dowed...) , about 4-5 decades later i decided to change my tactics in the 'former ottoman zone', and decided to help to create the Byzantine Empire, so i released Morea as my vassal and started to give it provinces, i saw it worked, it became the Byzantine empire....then i looked at it more closer, it seems sometime after BYZ emerged, the ruler decided to convert to catholicism (might be because they only got catholic provinces?)... but in the first place, i decided to get rid of that region because meanwhile my Burgundy turned protestant...ehh, so after a while my vassal, the catholic Byzantine Empire declared war on me, i used the chance, and forced them to convert to protestantism :rofl:

after that i started up as them to see their 'end game log', it seems the original converting and becoming Byzantine happened in the same year, so this is the funny message what was the end result :D

byzcathhh0.png

(sidenote: i am myself catholic but the situation still seems to me funny/ironic)

Last edited:
Haftetavenscrap said:
Wow, that's interesting. It's also a bit early for Great Britain isn't it? Personally I've never seen Britain get formed at all...

Heh, if you look closely you'll also see that Germany has not only formed, but it's down to Croatia already. ;) Actually, that screenshot is from a little mod I put together to have modern borders in Europe. Hence, countries like Great Britain were around from the start. I forget where England rebelled from in order to come back, though.

piff133 said:
That last one is a good one. Imagine the inheritance:
Advisor: King! Great news! We have checked the records and you have inherited all of Britain!
King: Hurrah, back to London!
Advisor: We have a choice, King. We may either take their crown, flag, and name and call it our own or bring their lands under our English flag.
King: Great Britain shall be forgotten in history. The books will only read of England!
*3 years later*
Advisor: King, shall we call ourselves the ruler of all of the British Isles, and all of Greater Britain?
King: What a wonderful idea. Let's call ourselves 'Great Britain!'

And if there were TWO African swallows working in tandem they COULD perhaps bring a coconut all the way to the isle...

Dug up some more odd screen shots. Enjoy! :)

EUIIIScreenshot7.jpg

I posted this one already in the Funny Conquests thread, but it was amusing enough to me that I thought I'd post it again. What happened was, Ming grabbed this province from someone (don't remember now who had it before them), converted the locals to Confucianism, then lost the province to the Timurids. What makes it even funnier to me is the 0% revolt risk.

EUIIIScreenshot3-1.jpg

The Koreans invade Yemen. 'Nuff said.

EUIIIScreenshot4.jpg

The Pope goes to war with Catholic Austria to defend the Pagan Aztecs. lol

EUIIIScreenshot8.jpg

Fear the mighty alliance of... Ming and Venezuela?

EUIIIScreenshot5.jpg

This one's not exactly strange, but I've never seen the AI guarantee my independence before.

Last edited:
austriavakia said:
LOL @ the Venezuela screenshot!

(me being Venezuelan, find it amusing to see China made my country independent xD)

Don't get too happy; Ming backed out of the alliance the next time Venezuela got into a war with Castille, and Venezuela got chopped up pretty badly. I think that was the first war Castille had won in a very long time, lol.

His_Majesty666 said:
Is it normal to see lithuania becoming enormous every single game? :wacko:
Ming is surely a no-no to be at war against, but i have yet to see it invading europe :D

Usually, Lithuania gets wiped out in my games. Still, I've seen it spill out all over Russia a few times. The other day I started a game as the Ottomans, and within the first 5 or 6 years, Lithuania owned Astrakhan! :wacko:

And if the Ming invading Europe comment was in response to my Ming-Venezuela occurence, I should explain that Ming didn't invade Europe. Castille had colonized the area north of Ming, bringing the two into conflict. Because Castille's European territory had been reduced by myself and France to Toledo, getting their Siberian colonies overrun by the Ming was a major blow to them.

comagoosie said:
:eek: :rofl:

I do believe that is the first time I have seen Venezuela in the game!
I once forced Portugal to release every country in South America when the war score was only at 20%. South America was in complete chaos for the rest of the game. :confused: :D

fr8train316 said:
This wouldn't happen to be the 1980's, would it? =)
Well, I guess all of history was running a little fast, since Germany (me) was formed in 1483 (Vanilla!) :D. If EU3 was Civilization, I'd be on Alpha Centauri by 1822, and there'd be Hippies in the 1760s. :eek: