• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, this is odd I think.
I'm happily pwning my way through Asia - only able to see as far as India to the West when this pops up:

DISC.jpg

Wehay, I discovered all of Europe, India, the middle East ans a swathe of Africa!!!
The box didn't fit on the screen! :rofl:

jonti-h said:
Well, this is odd I think.
I'm happily pwning my way through Asia - only able to see as far as India to the West when this pops up:

DISC.jpg

Wehay, I discovered all of Europe, India, the middle East ans a swathe of Africa!!!
The box didn't fit on the screen! :rofl:

Yeah, the Spread of Discoveries is quite buggy to me, I should happen progressively, and not automatic like that.

kolmy said:
Yeah, the Spread of Discoveries is quite buggy to me, I should happen progressively, and not automatic like that.
It usually does to me - but this time it was just in one go.

kolmy said:
Actually I think it's perfect as is. Asia didn't slowly discover individual provinces in Europe one by one...one day the Europeans showed up and they had a complete map of it. It's perfectly realistic and proper the way it is now.

Pellucid said:
Actually I think it's perfect as is. Asia didn't slowly discover individual provinces in Europe one by one...one day the Europeans showed up and they had a complete map of it. It's perfectly realistic and proper the way it is now.

But at least there should be some control, like only discovering Europe, Or Africa, not everything at once.

kolmy said:
But at least there should be some control, like only discovering Europe, Or Africa, not everything at once.
In that screen, I not only discovered Europe, but all of India (literally) and most of Africa.

If it had just been a region or 2 I wouldn't have been surprised, but it was half the world!

Why not?

The real life equivalent would be a random European Trader walking up and slapping a map in front of the Chinese Emperor. There's no reason why certain provinces would be left out for 'pacing reasons'.

TurRoma1507.jpg

The panorama looks so much more picturesque than with St.Peter's. And I have Michelangelo too - since he didn't decide to come to the Sultan after all, the Sultan decided to come to him. :p

jonti-h said:
GHOSTS.jpg

Here we have Scotland's ghost army....
It moved, and engaged my real army! Oh, and yes the battle did last for a few days. :wacko:

EDIT: First one - wehay! :cool:

Reminds me of a time during the first crusade where they stopped to seige a small castle/keep for days, when nobody was inside but a few goats or sheep.

DearLord said:
no comments :)

both r my vasals and alies

norway..

Viking Invasion !!

Gongsun Zan said:
Why not?

The real life equivalent would be a random European Trader walking up and slapping a map in front of the Chinese Emperor. There's no reason why certain provinces would be left out for 'pacing reasons'.
You know, that was almost MY name on this forum. :D

Earl Uhtred said:
Aye, but they're coptic deviants. Should be ineligible for the Sacred Reich for any number of reasons.

Anyway there was a Union Act between the Ethiopian and the Roman Catholic Church.

EU3_Bra_Papacy.jpg

Note the lucky buggers of Ansbach and Brandenburg, they may send two money sinks to Rome! :)