• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
comagoosie said:
alright, tell me if you can see this.
this is a test

How did I win a battle before the game timeframe and in a nonexistant province.

Works a treat. :cool:

Aye.

Helius said:
In that this Wikipedia entry confirms what I said?

Incidentally, even if this entry seems to be mostly correct, Wikipedia is hardly the ultimate authority on settling questions of factual accuracy!

OK so to put a final end to this discussion:

"Stadhouders (letterlijk 'plaatsbekleders') waren functionarissen die namens de landsheer het gezag uitoefenden in een of meer gewesten." (taken from http://www.ru.nl/ahc/vg/html/vg000231.htm)

Translation:

"Stadhouders (...) were governmental people who ruled in one or more area's in name of the lord of those area's." (don't know if the translation is 100% correct though)

Where does that beautiful map stem from? MM?

comagoosie said:
How did I win a battle before the game timeframe and in a nonexistant province.

The battles, etc, for wars that began before the games timeframe are in the history files. This includes battle information. Battles don't HAVE to be named after the province they were fought in, that's just how the game generates names for nonhistorical battles. Thus, when they programmed in information for the 100 years war, they entered data for the battle of Formiguy, even though that's not the name of the province the battle was fought in.

It's like saying, "Battle of Omaha Beach" rather than "Battle of Normandy."

Sophianumg@mer said:
OK so to put a final end to this discussion:

"Stadhouders (letterlijk 'plaatsbekleders') waren functionarissen die namens de landsheer het gezag uitoefenden in een of meer gewesten." (taken from http://www.ru.nl/ahc/vg/html/vg000231.htm)

Translation:

"Stadhouders (...) were governmental people who ruled in one or more area's in name of the lord of those area's." (don't know if the translation is 100% correct though)

I take exception to your preference for declaring debates over, while not actually making arguments. Snippets of quotes do not really speak for themselves, you know.

For starters, I cannot even discern from your posts whether you agree with me; or, if not, why not.

The main point was what the "Stad" stood for. I said, not "city", but rather "stead". The wikipedia entry says "place," which is interchangeable with "stead" (the former of Latin, the latter of Germanic origins, but meaning the same thing).

Again, for the German:
"Stätte" = place
"Statt" = stead
"Stadt" = city

If you find that any of that is not factually accurate, please make a specific case.

seems pretty weird... TO having no land but still an army and 2 navies :wacko:

I checked they don't even have a colony arround or something.. after they changed to Prussia their armies just stayed there, I thought they would vannish or also change to Prussian...but they didn't

But they eventually dissappear.. they're dying from atrittion.. their land force ws 2000 now it's 970 and the fleet lying in open water used to excist out of 2 galleys and now just one... but I don't know about the one lying in the livonian harbour, also pretty weird cause they (or Prussia) don't have acces. :confused:

kanzlooz said:
But they eventually dissappear.. they're dying from atrittion.. their land force ws 2000 now it's 970 and the fleet lying in open water used to excist out of 2 galleys and now just one... but I don't know about the one lying in the livonian harbour, also pretty weird cause they (or Prussia) don't have acces. :confused:

Maybe they're just depressed and letting themselves waste away. Maybe you should try feeding them.

kanzlooz said:
*pic*

seems pretty weird... TO having no land but still an army and 2 navies :wacko:

I checked they don't even have a colony arround or something.. after they changed to Prussia their armies just stayed there, I thought they would vannish or also change to Prussian...but they didn't

are they one the ledger?

If so, they must have one province somewhere. Maybe they had a colony that revolted and they formed prussia, but the colony didn't and ended up forming TO.

Helius said:
I take exception to your preference for declaring debates over, while not actually making arguments. Snippets of quotes do not really speak for themselves, you know.

For starters, I cannot even discern from your posts whether you agree with me; or, if not, why not.

The main point was what the "Stad" stood for. I said, not "city", but rather "stead". The wikipedia entry says "place," which is interchangeable with "stead" (the former of Latin, the latter of Germanic origins, but meaning the same thing).

Again, for the German:
"Stätte" = place
"Statt" = stead
"Stadt" = city

If you find that any of that is not factually accurate, please make a specific case.

The point I wish to make is that "Stad" is City in Dutch. But wasn't the original question what a stadtholder was not what it meant ;)

comagoosie said:
are they one the ledger?

If so, they must have one province somewhere. Maybe they had a colony that revolted and they formed prussia, but the colony didn't and ended up forming TO.

no they're not on the ledger... they just don't excist any more... allthough the peace treaty in the war between me and poland was that they released TO as their vassal... only at that point I didn't noticed that they didn't even excisted at that moment and Prussia was my vassal.. that was the moment these armies appeared.. or at least I noticed them

pretty weird you can demand to release a vassal if that country doesn't excist anymore :wacko:

but their armies are gone now, atrittion killed them :D

Marconius said:
To the above: Yes, I was playing Real Map Project. That incorporates MMG 1.7 or so, if I'm not mistaken. So not some weird and/or home-made mod.

So that map is in MM Gold? Is it a full world map?

Wenceslaus II said:
So that map is in MM Gold? Is it a full world map?
Sadly, no. The only full world is mine :D.

after disbanding my 2 ships near corsica the marker stayed there.. I was still able to see corsica but I had no land, army of ships near that place also not an ally... also very stupid Icould only see Corsica and not the other nations there like Genoa :confused:

I tried everything to get it away, put a ship in that place and then sail away but it still was there.. okay no problem I thought.. so I saved and restart

then I found out it the marker was even in the starting page where you can select your country.. in the save game and the historical start...

okay maybe just starting then we'll see it's still there.. and it was.. then I tried to do it with another nation.. but also then the marker was there..

I tried restarting the game and still it didn't disappear... but after restarting my comp. it finally did :)

Haftetavenscrap said:
Sadly, no. The only full world is mine :D.

Oh. Ok. :D

That's an awful lot of great advisors you must've had... :wacko:

EU3_8.png

There are clearly Finns living in the country...
EU3_9.png

So why don't they count as people for statistical purposes? :confused:

Last edited: