+ Reply to Thread
Page 165 of 1283 FirstFirst ... 65 90 115 140 155 163 164 165 166 167 175 190 215 240 265 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,300 of 25655

Thread: Strange Screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by Sophianumg@mer
    The point I wish to make is that "Stad" is City in Dutch. But wasn't the original question what a stadtholder was not what it meant
    Ah! Now we're getting somewhere. In the German, it is clearly "stead", rather than "city." I suspect that, with all these terms, there is a common root meaning "place," as in "a particular location," while later, you get a more abstract meaning, as in "one's place in society."

I think the meaning of the term was never really in question: A person who fills a function, who is in charge de facto, but not de jure; in that he rules/governs/administers in someone else's name.
    Mourning Magna Mundi

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Hmmm where is Oran getting all of its wealth from... Well the beauty of the whole world mod is that there are lots or nice Diamond producing provinces, belonging to the Zulus, anyway you can guess how desperate I am to go after those.

Quote Originally Posted by SeedSnatcher
    That's an awful lot of great advisors you must've had...
    imagething
    There are clearly Finns living in the country...

So why don't they count as people for statistical purposes?
    You can't control the finns,

The bane of all farmers SeedSnatcher's Avatar
    HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSengoku
    Victoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Timbrizcha
    I'm inclinced to think they ran away to that country to the west I graciously forced Sweden to release.

HoI AnthologyEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIRome Gold

Quote Originally Posted by kanzlooz

after disbanding my 2 ships near corsica the marker stayed there.. I was still able to see corsica but I had no land, army of ships near that place also not an ally... also very stupid Icould only see Corsica and not the other nations there like Genoa

I tried everything to get it away, put a ship in that place and then sail away but it still was there.. okay no problem I thought.. so I saved and restart

then I found out it the marker was even in the starting page where you can select your country.. in the save game and the historical start...

okay maybe just starting then we'll see it's still there.. and it was.. then I tried to do it with another nation.. but also then the marker was there..

I tried restarting the game and still it didn't disappear... but after restarting my comp. it finally did
    Yout think YOU'RE confused, you should see the looks on the faces of sailors going through there.

It would be cool to be able to stamp the map, though. Like to stamp a big "L" over Paris or Wien or somewhere else that irritates you. Or to give you're allies a nice smily face over their capital.
    AAR: Rise of Tahuantinsuyo (Inca) Hegemony in America. Abandoned; the final update is up, taking it to 1522.

Mod Projects: EU3 Tribal Escape Micromod (TEM) , EU3 Modifier Tweaks Experiment , The HoI Alternative History Pack

Hope is the strongest liquor.

First Lieutenant Uni Maximilian's Avatar
    HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis

Qara Koyunlu's economy seems a little broken..

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    Rise of PrussiaEU Rome Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

945 (EU3, Michigan) in between palm and ring finger
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni Maximilian

-99% prestige, -3 stab, 1000% inflation, 3.0 income

Their ruler must of been the worst of all time.
    EU3 Save Suite - your one stop shop for everything related to EU3 savegames.

I want you to contribute to great tools developed for Paradox. See this thread. Help with the parsing or with creating an EU4 Savegame editor

Think you're the best EU3 player? Check out the EU3 Hall of Fame
    Dealt: A polish colonel deals his last hand
    The Swiss Account: The average documentation of the stereotypical Swiss.
    "Cheese ages better than women but money is forever." - Davout
    EU3 Hurt and Heal Archive

And the 168% trade efficiency for Portugal seems also quite impressive to me. Haven't seen it this high for any nation in my games so far. What level of trade technology do you need for this ?

Quote Originally Posted by Helius
    Ah! Now we're getting somewhere. In the German, it is clearly "stead", rather than "city." I suspect that, with all these terms, there is a common root meaning "place," as in "a particular location," while later, you get a more abstract meaning, as in "one's place in society."

I think the meaning of the term was never really in question: A person who fills a function, who is in charge de facto, but not de jure; in that he rules/governs/administers in someone else's name.
    Thing is, Stadtholder is probably the old Dutch way of saying it. The way Dutch is spelled has drastically changed since the time of "stadtholders". In fact "old Dutch" looks more like German and we even used to have those German kinds of conjugations. (Some of them are still in use: Koninkrijk der Nederlanden, heer des huizes) So I wouldn't be surprised if Stadtholder was in use in the Netherlands even though it's now spelled as Stadhouder.

Pangalactic Gargleblaster Lord Boreal's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacy
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by comagoosie
    -99% prestige, -3 stab, 1000% inflation, 3.0 income

Their ruler must of been the worst of all time.
    Did Mugabe go back in time?

In the beginning, the Universe was created. This made alot of people angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.
    My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland, and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes
    - Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

I think the term was introduced via German and therefore it clearly means "stead". Because i just read a book about the Roman empire in german and and the people who administrate provinces for the Caesars are called "Statthalter". So there is no realtion to "Stadt"/City.
    So in german its clearly mean "the one who holds the land/titles/rights "in stead"/anstatt the real ruler.
    Problem solved.
    BTW the term could have come to Holland when there was the Wittelsbach branch Straubing-Holland. Surely there had to be a "Statthalter " in Holand when the ruler was in Straubing/Bavaria.
    Read my first AAR: Wittelsbach- A CK AAR
    http://www.europa-universalis.com/fo...d.php?t=293636

Keeping the ship on course Kazmir's Avatar
    200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries

Almost as bad as Zimbabwe.

Crusader Kings IIEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

How can anyone go up to 1.000% inflation ? thats years of heavy minting and loads of inflation events.

The bane of all farmers SeedSnatcher's Avatar
    HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSengoku
    Victoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k club

Quote Originally Posted by 4AD
    How can anyone go up to 1.000% inflation ? thats years of heavy minting and loads of inflation events.
    Or just a lot of bankruptcies.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Mount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Timbrizcha
    No, because finns aren't people.

Pater Familias of WW-forum Rysz's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Bavaria
    I think the term was introduced via German and therefore it clearly means "stead". Because i just read a book about the Roman empire in german and and the people who administrate provinces for the Caesars are called "Statthalter". So there is no realtion to "Stadt"/City.
    So in german its clearly mean "the one who holds the land/titles/rights "in stead"/anstatt the real ruler.
    Problem solved.
    BTW the term could have come to Holland when there was the Wittelsbach branch Straubing-Holland. Surely there had to be a "Statthalter " in Holand when the ruler was in Straubing/Bavaria.
    In fact it is a term that also is in use in french and english. The military rank 'lieutenant' comes from the 'lieu tenant': literally the place keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia 'Lieutenant'
    The word lieutenant derives from French; the lieu meaning "place" as in a position; and tenant meaning "holding" as in "holding a position"; thus a "lieutenant" is somebody who holds a position in the absence of his or her superior (compare the cognate Latin locum tenens).
    WW-lite: Villager (22) Wolf (12) Seer (6). Of which; Draw (1), Eaten (11) as seer (3), Lost otherwise (5), Lynched as wolf (11), as villager (4), as seer (1)
    Won as villager in WWL LXXX: The Grey Coat, WWL XCIC: Snow Crash and WWL C: Code Geass. Won as seer in WWL LXXXIX: The Dark Knight and WWL CXXXI. Won as WOLF in WWL CLX

-------------
    WW: Wolf (4) Cultist (3) Hunter (2) Witness (2), Villager (3), Rival (1), Liar (1). Of which; Lynched as wolf (3), as cultist (2), as witness (2), Eaten as villager (1), as Liar (1), lost as rival (1)
    Subbing Winning Wolf in WW XXXVIII (Thistletooth), Subbed Winning Hunter in WW XXXIX: Cavemen (Olaus Petrus), Winning Cultist in WW XL
    Winning Hunter in WW XLIII: Escape from Monkey Island, Winning Cursed Seer's Apprentice in Ironhead's The Game of Werewolf (XLIX)

-------------
    Svenska Varulv: Bybor (1), Rival Kultist (1), en siare. Vann som en bybo i Varulv XIII, en siare i Varulv XV

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

I just have to post this!

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Modern-like marriage..

And when I became both HR Emperor and Papal controler, I opened diplomacy window to make a nice screenshot- just in time..
    Last edited by Neblogai; 13-03-2008 at 03:25.

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    Rise of PrussiaEU Rome Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

945 (EU3, Michigan) in between palm and ring finger
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Neblogai
    Modern-like marriage..
    a 2-day marriage! Did they get married in a drive-through!
    EU3 Save Suite - your one stop shop for everything related to EU3 savegames.

I want you to contribute to great tools developed for Paradox. See this thread. Help with the parsing or with creating an EU4 Savegame editor

Think you're the best EU3 player? Check out the EU3 Hall of Fame
    Dealt: A polish colonel deals his last hand
    The Swiss Account: The average documentation of the stereotypical Swiss.
    "Cheese ages better than women but money is forever." - Davout
    EU3 Hurt and Heal Archive

You should know better than marrying off Princess Spears.

Also strange was Saxony vassalizing Poland.

+ Reply to Thread