• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That CoT pic must have been corrupted when uploading. There's something missing from the city view...

CoTBlackHole.jpg

A black hole to suck in all the money, never to be seen again. :eek:
That's better. :D

not really strange, but i was pretty amazed at this, as it was my first major naval battle :)

victory.jpg

afterwards, the ottomans offered me a peace deal, which i accepted - however i think this is strange,

eu3ott.jpg

I've never seen the ottomans get beat this bad - there is currently a rebel force in egypt which is around 15000, i think egypt will declare independance soon :)

Also Israel? What madness is this!

comagoosie said:
One problem...where's Jordan? :D

It's probably those 2 provs east of Israel, and got eaten by Ottos and Hijaz.

Last edited:
spl said:
I demand to hear an explanation on the COT screenshot! What did it say when you put your mouse over the negative value? Was a province taking money from it?
I second this motion.

Marconius said:
And eh... What's a "Stadtholder"?

A Stadtholder is actually Dutch IIRC. In Dutch it is called a "Stadhouder" (it literally means "City keeper"). It is the title of the rulers of the Netherlands in the Renaissance.

Sophianumg@mer said:
A Stadtholder is actually Dutch IIRC. In Dutch it is called a "Stadhouder" (it literally means "City keeper"). It is the title of the rulers of the Netherlands in the Renaissance.
Stadtholder is German for "City keeper", in Dutch it's Stadhouder :p

Marconius said:
Seen that a few times... did you have both a proclaim and alliance with Scotland. Or were you warning England?

And eh... What's a "Stadtholder"?
I don't care how many times you have seen it :mad: This thread needed a jumpstart :D

And yes, I was allied with Scotland and I warned England.

Amob_m_s said:
That CoT pic must have been corrupted when uploading. There's something missing from the city view...

CoTBlackHole.jpg

A black hole to suck in all the money, never to be seen again. :eek:
That's better. :D

My 'creative' accounting sense is tingling! :p

Ahura Mazda said:
Stadtholder is German for "City keeper", in Dutch it's Stadhouder :p

The correct German sp. is "Statthalter", meaning "administrator" or "viceroy". I believe that is also the meaning of the Dutch word. The Stadhouders of the Netherlands were technically "filling in" for the Spanish King, who, (officially) was unfortunately currently unable to fulfill his duties. This was the compromise under which Spain let the Netherlands become de-facto independent, if memory serves.

"Stadt" = city
"statt" = stead, as in "he could not go himself, so he asked his cousin to go, in his stead."

Helius said:
The correct German sp. is "Statthalter", meaning "administrator" or "viceroy". I believe that is also the meaning of the Dutch word. The Stadhouders of the Netherlands were technically "filling in" for the Spanish King, who, (officially) was unfortunately currently unable to fulfill his duties. This was the compromise under which Spain let the Netherlands become de-facto independent, if memory serves.

"Stadt" = city
"statt" = stead, as in "he could not go himself, so he asked his cousin to go, in his stead."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stadtholder End of debate :D