• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
2pq1fa1.png

where are they goin'???ok and the QFTNW?

I believe he is refering to France lack of QftNW, since it would be hard for them to colonize without anything discovered.

il`Marto said:
where are they goin'???ok and the QFTNW?
...They're going to Micmac, which is today part of New Brunswick/Nova Scotia, and they don't need QftNW if they've already explored the province. :)

von_Rundstedt said:
what is so strange about this "strange screenshot"?
I haven't seen France colonize anything since NA because they don't have QftNW. Did they change it in NA so France would be Napoleonic, or was I just not paying attention before? You think they'd have QftNW, since they were the first settlers in Canada.

Haftetavenscrap said:
I haven't seen France colonize anything since NA because they don't have QftNW. Did they change it in NA so France would be Napoleonic, or was I just not paying attention before? You think they'd have QftNW, since they were the first settlers in Canada.

Spain and Portugal should be the only nations taking QftNW as their 1st idea. France and Britain (plus the Netherlands) did not start en masse exploration/colonization till the mid-1500s; the problem is, if England and France were to be delayed this long in-game, Spain and the player would always take the entire New World before Fr. and Eng. ever started exploring.

Amob_m_s said:
Spain and Portugal should be the only nations taking QftNW as their 1st idea. France and Britain (plus the Netherlands) did not start en masse exploration/colonization till the mid-1500s; the problem is, if England and France were to be delayed this long in-game, Spain and the player would always take the entire New World before Fr. and Eng. ever started exploring.
It's strange though, how in most of my games, England colonizes most of North America, while France gets nothing, even though England gets the Quest after France.

This is a known issue , AI using "spread of discoveries" to colonize while not having QFTNW , i tried to fix it by giving -70 colonists to all religions and +80 colonists in QFTNW but then AI simply takes other ideas.
Tricky.

Haftetavenscrap said:
It's strange though, how in most of my games, England colonizes most of North America, while France gets nothing, even though England gets the Quest after France.

I have seen many games of mine where Canada takes Canada and West Africa, Great Britain takes the American East Coast and Southern Coast, and Spain usually takes the rest of Mexico, Central America, Western S. America while Portugal gets Eastern S. America. Though, it seems more realistic because I am using Magna Mundi.

But in general, I like playing with really short Province Spreads since it allows for awesome colonial wars. I was Georgia once and I managed to send colonists to South Africa; and, my naval was not high and I think I only had Naval Provisioning since I expanded my coastline and built a navy.

We need more screenshots!
suprisegovie5.png

:eek: the AI chose Administrative Republic :eek:

austria1hd5.png

Here is austria looks a little weird, but it isn't strange...

austria2jf7.png

:eek:

tyroneitalymi6.png

Tyrone in Italy...Maybe they are 'borrowing' a few books.

eu312qg5.png

I guess reindeer trading is rich business.

comagoosie said:
Poland lucky ;)

Oh and I forgot to advertise my armies and navies, take a loook at them :cool:
I like the Norewgian Navy ;)

comagoosie said:
Poland lucky ;)

Oh and I forgot to advertise my armies and navies, take a loook at them :cool:
I like the Norewgian Navy ;)

Your naval tech cant be good if youre still using longboats :p