• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Austria needs to make up its mind...
austrianwaruv3.png

Background: I've long lusted to bring Sicily into the glorious new Italian nation, but fear of Austrian intervention on behalf of their Aragonese allies kept me at bay (Sicily is still in a PU with Aragon). Austria and I eventually formed an alliance, but that didn't solve my problems, because if I tried to attack Sicily/Aragon, there was still a chance that Austria would side with their Aragonese allies instead, and I couldn't afford a war against Austria, let alone a war against an Austria-Aragon-Sicily alliance. But then Aragon dragged Austria into a war that it was fighting with Castille over the fate of Spain. With the Austrian armies committed far away in the west, I decided that this was the best chance that I'd ever get to attack Sicily. As expected, my vassals of Savoy and Milan joined, and then the unexpected part: not only did Austria not join Aragon, it joined on MY side. I thought this scenario of a country fighting against and fighting alongside the same country had been eliminated by one of the patches?

jarnblomma said:
(War of Ragusan Aggression Pic)

I posted this way back in the thread, I'd link to it but after 45 mins of looking I can't find it so I'll just post it again. This was a war of aggression by Montenegro vs Otto's. Montenegro also DoW'ed Tuscany- while their only prov. was under siege- and so Tuscany's allies (Austri) piled on, too:

EU3_202.png

(note: by the time I took this, Tuscany had already dropped out for a white peace, so that's why they're not in on it)

enigma said:
(Aragon-Austria Alliance/War pic)

Hmmmm... I'd be rather pissed if I were Aragon. Love to see the soccer (sorry, "football") fans at THAT world cup. :D

At war with Aragon, who is also the senior partner in a PU...
aragonwarbr4.png

Background: Same game as above. Things just keep getting weirder and weirder... Persia fights a war with Genoa over Genoa's Black Sea holdings. Genoa loses and is forced to release Corsica, who is automatically allied with Persia. Corsica later allies with Aragon. Feeling that it now has two big allies, little Corsica decides to declare war against Sicily, who is the junior partner of a personal union with Aragon. Aragon, stupidly, joins Corsica against Sicily. WTF?! King Joan IV of Aragon/Sicily vs. King Joan IV of Aragon/Sicily; must've been one very schizo guy...

Anyway, I reloaded from the most recent autosave and played it again, and this time, the AI acted more sensibly and had Aragon siding with Sicily.

A few I just grabbed playing my British game I started on 1.2. (on to 2.2 now)

Mamluks head east

EU3_1-5.jpg

The swedish finally get colonies!

EU3_4-2.jpg

And Denmark gets parts of siberia for some reason....
EU3_5-2.jpg

Morocco gets a new capital.....
EU3_6-3.jpg

I like merchants!

EU3_7-2.jpg

comagoosie said:
just wondering, as I have never seen that event before.
I've never seen that event either, and it's got nothing to do with my mod...