• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
spl said:
I bet you did a 1492 start... :D

Nah. 1721 ;) I'll play in the "hay day" of whatever nation it is I'm playing. As France, I see fit anywhere from 1650 to 1750. And I thought someone would say, "Yeah, big ass freakin screenie too". hahaha

Wenceslaus II said:
Not exactly strange, but this is a big ass freakin Russia. From Siberia to Anatolia to Jerusuelem (???) it's all there... :eek:

EU3_1.png
What version of NA is that on? wow

Yes, the sick man of Europe more like has beubonic plague (with cancer, kindney stones, and a gaul bladder infection)

<diseases are not funny> But than again, ave Russ is the enemy, he he.

OK here's something interesting:

eu313jg8.png

Cornwall managed to get independent in 1460. By this time, England was already colonising North America :wacko:

When I looked in my scenario editor, I saw North America looking like this in 1491 :eek:

britishamerica1491lolce1.png

Forsooth incalculable riches are hidden in the New world:
EU3_333.png

comagoosie said:
:eek: :eek:

*faint*
never *un-faints* again.
In my game as ENG/GBR, before conquering the Aztecs, I decided to load them up and see just how much cash they had. It was over 3000 ducats. This was, I think, around 1600 (1453 start). All that gold, and nothing to spend it on. What'd you expect? Unfortunately, since I just annexed them outright when I had occupied all of their territories, I didn't get a single coin from them (guess you don't capture the enemy's treasury in an annexation; but I guess that's fair since you don't capture their debts and inflation, either)

Cortes_R said:
Forsooth incalculable riches are hidden in the New world:
*screenshot*
Something similiar might've happened to me once. I was making a peace offer to Maya and wanted to demand as many ducats as I could. However, I kept clicking and clicking... I don't recall how high I could've gone, but I do recall going over 1200...

SeedSnatcher said:
Something similiar might've happened to me once. I was making a peace offer to Maya and wanted to demand as many ducats as I could. However, I kept clicking and clicking... I don't recall how high I could've gone, but I do recall going over 1200...

It seems all this New world business can be really profitable, and not only in long term aspect, if approached correctly... ;)

EU3_18.png

Optimism anybody? :D

BTW, no, the Ottoman Empire is up and running, Gotland is newly released and Ragusa is also one prov.

Strangely enough a white peace was agreed... :rolleyes:

Järnblomma said:

BTW, no, the Ottoman Empire is up and running, Gotland is newly released and Ragusa is also one prov.

I've seen that happen before. The AI will often launch wars of aggression if its neighbor is in another war and is being badly beaten (which is the case here). Not optimism, just devilish opportunism. I've had tiny HRE minors declare war on Austria when I had almost beaten it to submission. It's annoying because then I have to race them to the last of Austria's provinces or else my failure will occupy all of Austria's territories would screw up my warscore and limit what I could demand from her. I did beat them to the final provinces, and after occupying every last territory, I got some nice concessions out of the peace deal, and as soon as Austria was free of my war (and all the territories that were not ceded returned to her control), the minors sued for a white peace. :p

Also, they're more likely to declare war if they have a big ally on their side. But there's no guarantee that the ally will join in the war (esp. since it's an aggression war so the ally may incur penalties for joining), so it may be that they were expecting more firepower on their side but didn't get it...

Case in point, tiny Naxos had two very powerful allies: France and Italy (me). So it declared against the Ottomans (during a losing war the Ottomans were fighting with Poland/Lithuania). But I had problems of my own to deal with, and the last thing I needed was an adventure in the Balkans (especially since my Greek holdings of Corfu and Crete were undefended), so I bailed on Naxos, and France bailed on them too, so needless to say, Naxos got screwed.

Järnblomma said:

hmm 3rd war of Ragusan Aggression. hmm...I guess they are aggresive :D