• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
piff133 said:
Early in the game, a lot of powers go to war immediately to try to get something early. But that is still a lot of wars even for early on.
The funniest thing is, somehow, half of them managed to destroy each other save for west-europe, who got destroyed by Spain and Me :rofl:

Who says Irish OPMs can not conquer landlocked continental nations?

tyrone.jpg

Abraxas said:
Who says Irish OPMs can not conquer landlocked continental nations?

:eek:
Watch out. That's eerily similar to the beginnning of the famous WC AAR.

jadam said:
I've seen even Riga build naval manufactory with 1 province in the mid 1500s. It is very possible with one province, no income but no army (or very small) and with some luck. Maybe they got some random events like 'Gift to the state' and also they did not have to support a large army so they could preserve their annual tax income.

yea in my game france,england,austria, melckenburg,Tirumids,mamaluks,portugal,spain and CORSICA asre the most powerful nations. Corsica is about the 3 richest nation. The worst part is there a newer nation that recently revolted from swedish rule. they are allies with spain portugal and england. making them a very powerful nation.

You can only take a screenshot of what you see at one time. If you want to get more, you'll have to take several screenshots and combine them manually

Abraxas said:
You can only take a screenshot of what you see at one time. If you want to get more, you'll have to take several screenshots and combine them manually
If you want to get a screenshot of the whole world, try opening your save file in MichaelM's map editor.

Kris Rhodes said:
Never mind, I just realized I have to host the picture somewhere anyway, and I don't have a host.

And I don't know how to take a screenshot, though I'm sure I could figure it out. (Can you just use the print screen key and paste into imaging software?)

-Kris

Setting up a host like Photopucket or imageshack only takes a few minutes and are both easy to use. Yes Print Screen and paste does work.

Kris Rhodes said:
Never mind, I just realized I have to host the picture somewhere anyway, and I don't have a host.

And I don't know how to take a screenshot, though I'm sure I could figure it out. (Can you just use the print screen key and paste into imaging software?)

-Kris

You can also take screenshots by pressing F11 (game's built in one) or download Materialiser which is very handy and faster than the game's own screenshot system. Also the screenshots will be in .jpg format rather than .png.

So Japan looks like it's doing okay, right?

JK1-2.jpg

Oh wait. I guess Korea's doing better.

JK2-2.jpg

.....aaaand this is just weird.

JK3-2.jpg

(FTR I am playing as Castille in this game, I just happened to notice this while looking around on the world map in the nation selection screen.)

-Kris

Koreans returning to Siberia. :D
Must be biggest Korea I've seen also, but Japan does beat Manchu quite often in my games.

Falahk said:
EU3_50.png

We did it again....but this is the first one on NA :eek:
starting date 1453 and we played to the bitter end in 1822

so yes we managed to finish SWOT(Spaming War On Thursdays) :eek:

And here I thought the game ended in 1820, or perhaps December 31, 1820. I'm into 1821 at the moment and decided to have a look at the forums to see if perhaps my game was being buggy. Is 1822 the final year? Does it vary? I've never actually finished a game before so I'm not sure lol.

This is kinda stranger. The Manchu always seem to be a lucky nation, expanding wildly. Yet they didnt even expand at all so i decided to take their unused ground.
eu3-20080215-210904.png