• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Helius said:
General [addressing a bunch of peasants on the enemy's side]: "OK, who's in CHARGE, here?"

Ouch. That hurt.

:rofl:

conqrome.jpg

Capibara said:
Isn't Rome required to form Italy?
Not anymore I think.

comagoosie said:
as far as I know you have always needed it. Maybe he formed it but ceded roma and then re-conquered it again, just to see the pope scream :D

There is that annoying event that forces you to release the Papal State or risk low prestige, high reputation and all catholics hating you. That could easily account for losing Rome.

Earl Uhtred said:
Not that unusual for Scandinavians :) I knew a Lars Larsson whose male ancestors all had the same name.
Yeah, Karl Karlsson, Anders Andersson, Per Persson are not as rare as you might hope...

redox said:
The royal Norwegian Family has a lack of imagination...? All Olav?

With only 2 exceptions, the Kings of Denmark have alternately been named Christian and Frederik since Christian I took the throne in 1448.

Exception 1 was Christian I's own son, who was named Hans.
Exception 2 is the present Queen Margrethe...King Frederik IX only had daughters.

...but Margrethe's oldest son is named Frederik (And will eventually become Frederik X), and his first-born is a son, who has been named Christian (Eventually Christian XI), so the tradition lives on.

-Similarly, the current King of Sweden is Karl/Charles XVI, and the Swedish monarchy has also included no less than 14 "Erik"s

Last edited:
Bad Nerd said:
With only 2 exceptions, the Kings of Denmark have alternately been named Christian and Frederik since Christian I took the throne in 1448.

Exception 1 was Christian I's own son, who was named Hans.
Exception 2 is the present Queen Margrethe...King Frederik IX only had daughters.

...but Margrethe's oldest son is named Frederik (And will eventually become Frederik X), and his first-born is a son, who has been named Christian (Eventually Christian XI), so the tradition lives on.

-Similarly, the current King of Sweden is Karl/Charles XVI, and the Swedish monarchy has also included no less than 14 "Erik"s
Incidentally, King Frederik IX was an accomplished conductor of classical music, and if you like Wagner and Beethoven I can strongly recommend his CD recording with the Danish Radio Symphony Orchestra. :)

Its not so much the advisor abilities scrolling off the interface, its the levels of the advisors and the stage of the game I'm in. OH and the types.

Heh.jpg

Navy reformers are rare, same with army reformers.