• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
EU3_5.jpg

The Mexicans want independence and to prove that they are serious they start a revolt in The Andamans :p

I should also have gotten a screenshot of what happened next. The Mexicans went to The Andamans to find out there were only 400 colonists living there so they couldn't raise a regiment of 1,000 for a rebellion.

I don't know if that's the actual reason but I do know that there was no revolt in The Andamans. It's a colony I has totally forgotten about. So nice of the Mexicans to remind me of its existance.

God seems to be angry:

WrathOfGod.jpg

As I mentioned above, for some reason my ships occassionally get replaced with glowing, fighting Muslim soldiers (It's hard to see without the motion, and they disappear as soon as I hit F11, though):

MuslimSoldierShips.jpg

There's a reason Chinese rulers are called "Emporer." The alternative is just silly.

MingyKingy.jpg

Kazan exploded.

KazanExplodes.jpg

Here we have a rather odd succession war (check the log):

GeorgianSuccession1.jpg

And here is the outcome of above war. Also note that Tuscany had no colonies at all, so whose bright idea was it to attack Kongo?

GeorgianSuccession2.jpg

This would be funnier if they actually invaded, but it's still amusing:

AztecAlgiersWar.jpg

I hate all the absurd outcomes EU3 produces. Completely ahistorical:

RussiaStable.jpg

:mad:

:)

seriously
Are you guys saying a general with 5 shock, 1 fire, 1 maneuver, and 1 seige is commonplace?

I remember when I started... seeing even 1 shock generals was amazing to me!
Note: Recruited at 63%.

Shoobs said:
seriously
Are you guys saying a general with 5 shock, 1 fire, 1 maneuver, and 1 seige is commonplace?

You must be almost as unlucky with Generals as I am with colonists (Most of my colonies fail with a 75% chance, and they sometimes fail 1/10 times at 99%, same goes for missionaries, spies, and diplomatic proposals). However, I've gotten generals almost that good with ~30% Tradition

Haftetavenscrap said:
You must be almost as unlucky with Generals as I am with colonists (Most of my colonies fail with a 75% chance, and they sometimes fail 1/10 times at 99%, same goes for missionaries, spies, and diplomatic proposals). However, I've gotten generals almost that good with ~30% Tradition

I HAVE gotten a 6 / 6 / 6 / 1 general before, but that was at 100%

Shoobs said:
seriously

I think the problem is that the image is too fuzzy. I couldn't tell that you had a 5-1-1-1 general at all. That said, I'd love to see some of the command decisions that guy would make:

General: Aha! The enemy! Charge!!!!!
Advisor: Sir, there's cliff, a forest, and a wall in between us and them.
General: Who cares? Charge!!!!!
Advisor: Well, perhaps we should go around the cliff and the forest and hit a weaker point on the walls.
General: That doesn't sound like any fun. Charge!!!!!
Advisor: Okay, how about if we stand back, surround them, and wait for them to starve and surrender?
General: Boring, boring, boring. Charge!!!!!
Advisor: What if we were to stand back, but instead of waiting, use cannons to blast them into little pieces?
General: From how far away?
Advisor: Oh, 200, 300 meters, perhaps.
General: But then we couldn't hear their screaming. No. Charge!!!!!

<later, standing among the dead>

Advisor: How did that work?
General: We CHARGED and killed them, you idiot.
Advisor: But, what about the cliff, forest, and wall.
General: We CHARGED and destroyed them, then continued to CHARGE and slaughter.
Advisor: Wow.

(Sorry about the lack of a punchline, I ran out faster than I thought.) ;)

Amob_m_s said:
I think the problem is that the image is too fuzzy. I couldn't tell that you had a 5-1-1-1 general at all. That said, I'd love to see some of the command decisions that guy would make:

General: Aha! The enemy! Charge!!!!!
Advisor: Sir, there's cliff, a forest, and a wall in between us and them.
General: Who cares? Charge!!!!!
Advisor: Well, perhaps we should go around the cliff and the forest and hit a weaker point on the walls.
General: That doesn't sound like any fun. Charge!!!!!
Advisor: Okay, how about if we stand back, surround them, and wait for them to starve and surrender?
General: Boring, boring, boring. Charge!!!!!
Advisor: What if we were to stand back, but instead of waiting, use cannons to blast them into little pieces?
General: From how far away?
Advisor: Oh, 200, 300 meters, perhaps.
General: But then we couldn't hear their screaming. No. Charge!!!!!

<later, standing among the dead>

Advisor: How did that work?
General: We CHARGED and killed them, you idiot.
Advisor: But, what about the cliff, forest, and wall.
General: We CHARGED and destroyed them, then continued to CHARGE and slaughter.
Advisor: Wow.

(Sorry about the lack of a punchline, I ran out faster than I thought.) ;)

I think the punchline is that's actually how EU3's battle mechanics work.

Wooh! Mexico is elector of the HRE.

I've seen the AI unify Ireland two times, but only once they formed Ireland

I've got a unified Ireland in my recent game too , looks like a 2.2 thing.
England had the east and west provinces and Tyrone the north and south and they were allied , when those provinces revolted Tyrone joined the war and annexed them , pretty natural if you ask me.