• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Veldmaarschalk said:
I am playing Salerno, so it is a wrong message. I have lost the battle, but the message says Salerno was triumphant :)

I understood...for the most part. ;) I wasn't sure if you had actually won the battle and it was showing you the inverted message (i.e. the message your enemy/the loser was supposed to see) or if you had actually lost and it was saying that you were triumphant at the same time. Confusing, either way. :wacko:

Veldmaarschalk said:
I am playing Salerno, so it is a wrong message. I have lost the battle, but the message says Salerno was triumphant :)

My theory here is that your marshall, after his humiliating defeat, has decided to put a little "spin" on the outcome of the battle.

protestantrometv8.png

Uh-oh.

I happened to to shot some rebellions in the Caribbean and given how useless the AI is at keeping islands under their control I waited to see who would revolt. Of course it turned out to be Austria :(.

China makes wonderful use of its one NI.

I'm a bit worried about its land tech though, same as mine, so much for tech balancing.

lebanonstabilitysp1.jpg

Okay, it is not really a screenshot :p - but clearly the prime minister of Lebanon has understood the importance of a positive stability rating. The headline was discovered by my friend, who studies political sciences and economics.

durecellrabbit said:
I'm a bit worried about its land tech though, same as mine, so much for tech balancing.

Check all their techs and they prolly lag behind badly on most (all?) other fields than Land. Just the fact that they have just one NI shows that their Govt is below 5...

The great leap forward...

Building 72 (seventy two) workshops after lots and lots of colonization (and a little conquest). :p (I have yet to build about another 30-40 next year :) )

Okay; volume one of "here's why I love the AI in EU3!!!" ;)

I decided to play as Burgundy in 1475, fancied playing Edward IV's invasion of France - what were his aims? Normandy & Guyenne.

Bear in mind that I was Burgundy - England was AI.

england1477vb4.jpg

I love Paradox! :D

margab said:
Well, the trick was to attack Incan's sue for lots and lots of gold. Attack again get gold, they attack you, get gold etc. until you finally get bored and annex them. I think I made about 5000+ ducats this way :D

Edit: Plus very good kings with very good ADM stats. Helps colonisation a great deal ;)

This is absolutely not an exploit. That's exactly what Pizzarro did to Athalualpa!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ransom_Room

Well, I continued my game as Burgundy. I went bankrupt several times (my punishment for trying to maintain a standing army of around 30,000) and thought I'd try and get some cash by releasing vassals, so I released all of my lowland areas as vassals (Holland, Flanders, Friesland, Gelre, etc.) and then disbanded my armies. What then? Savoy declares war, captured my four remaining provinces, and annexes me. :(

burgundyannexedui0.jpg

Here's my endgame screen. Apparently, my last war was a success, despite resulting in the complete destruction of the duchy of Burgundy. Charles the Bold will be turning in his grave. After he died, a regency council reigned for his infant son, who upon reaching his majority, gave independence to most of his holdings and then disbanded his armies.

He currently resides at his uncle Edward's court in London. :p

Here is also a thing that makes mee love paradox;

(Mecklemburg is played by an AI while i as Castilee diplo-annexed portugal and Aragon.)
Mecklemburg.jpg

And another thing is when a nation grews strong by getting many provinces ceded to it in a war some other nation attacks and then some other hooks up and that nation becomes a minor!

Umm.. ok? Catholic France (me) has owned the pagan province for a few weeks. I had 0 muslim provinces in my empire (though I have several muslim vassals).
I also like how these guys, after two weeks as a part of the French Empire, are now "our" population and follow the beliefs of "our" ancestors.

:rofl:

sunniht2.jpg