• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I was trying to annex Modena, an OPM, and had a warscore of 100%. But the "Annex" button was greyed out and the tooltip said: "We must occupy all of their provinces before we can annex them." I was able to vassalize him though, which I did, but I'm still wondering if this was a bug, or if there's some gameplay mechanic here that I'm overlooking.

Attachments

• 2014-06-08_00001.jpg
    2014-06-08_00001.jpg
    563 KB · Views: 174
2hxa5mw.jpg

So I'm very much an EU3 noob. This is only my second game. Started as Milan, formed Italy sometime in the mid-1500's. Seems all good, picking apart the Ottomans, and doing a modest amount of colonisation. So when I was loading up in 1591 one time I notice what looks like Naples in South East Africa, the purple thing. Except it's Fujiwara! Historically it makes little sense. Does this happen often? Also of note, Muscowy. Goddamn, so huge. And Great Britain formed probably within 50 years of the 1399 start. And, I beat France in a land war around 1610. That was enjoyable to say the least. Poland and Hungary are fairly huge too.

2hxa5mw.jpg

So I'm very much an EU3 noob. This is only my second game. Started as Milan, formed Italy sometime in the mid-1500's. Seems all good, picking apart the Ottomans, and doing a modest amount of colonisation. So when I was loading up in 1591 one time I notice what looks like Naples in South East Africa, the purple thing. Except it's Fujiwara! Historically it makes little sense. Does this happen often? Also of note, Muscowy. Goddamn, so huge. And Great Britain formed probably within 50 years of the 1399 start. And, I beat France in a land war around 1610. That was enjoyable to say the least. Poland and Hungary are fairly huge too.
Fujiwara colonizing Africa..? I've never seen it colonize ANYTHING. This must be really damn rare.

It annex one of those south african nations and i've seen it happen a few times but poland is usually dead by now for me

I thought my heir's age was a bit strange.

XziJfxB.png

I take it his stats are actually in the negatives ?

-5/-5/-5 :p

Otherwise, I have no idea how an heir or ruler can live this long without the disposables portal to a year 5000 Hospital that only shitty nobles get, the more incompetent they are, the more they get

I thought my heir's age was a bit strange.

XziJfxB.png
BACK IN MY DAY YOU LAZY SOD, WE AXUMITES ACTUALLY KNEW WHAT THE HELL EXISTED BEYOND AXUM AND SOMALIA.

We knew where india was, and what utter mess France was this year. And the Ummayads were strong in Spain. And we had to deal with Abbasids and Decadance Revolts. And crusades. Some times, we had to deal with Norse Raiders.

Get off your lazy bum, and get ruling, you wipper-snapper.

God, that was fun to write.

The ugly borders of EUIII make it an iconic classic in my opinion.

*dusts this thread off*

Bad day to be Mutapan, I guess.

WCh49Vf.png

Sounds about right