• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Darn you, scorpi! I was waiting for that 2500th post all day yesterday. Go to bed for 9 hours, and here you are stealing it. :mad: ;)

Just kidding, of course :D

(EDIT: Steve, that's just plain impressive. 2.1 is from everything I've heard nearly impossible to be ahead in tech, especially that late in the game.)

Amob_m_s said:
Darn you, scorpi! I was waiting for that 2500th post all day yesterday. Go to bed for 9 hours, and here you are stealing it. :mad: ;)

Well, it counts as 2500th replies.

Hmm...too much rum, perhaps?

drunkenexplorerdj7.jpg

Snake IV said:
Oddest. Screenshot. Ever.

Moldavian blob, Mazovia half of Poland, Bavaria in Hungary, and I guess that is Spain and Portugal marching forward in Austria. WHat's that nation in Serbia, and the purple thing on the black sea coast? Sure you havn't anything to do with this?
Well Moldavia wasn't in existence. It's capital was owned by Corfu (I really should of got a screenshot of that!). All the rest was owned by Lithuania. The capital revolted then once I had finished beating up Lithuania and got peace, all Lithuania's provinces started to rebel and that's how the blob came about.
Mazovia is so big because of Poland's provinces revolting although later on in the game in got some defecting provinces from Lithuania. Crimea also came about from rebelling Lithuanian provinces. It didn't exist before that.
That is Bavaria in Hungary and in Serbia. In the pic Portugal and Castille are invading Austria as each had provinces bordering Austria from where they are invading. As someone else mentioned the purple is Candar. Later on the game more of those revolting Lithuanian province defect to Moscowy and Tver.

comagoosie said:
For the Ireland pic.
I have never seen a island change religion on its own, did someone send a missionary there or what.
Those provinces converted themselves. I also had Sardinia and Corsica convert. I am playing the Catholic mini-mod so that might have something to do with.

Last edited:
war1ac7.jpg

Not strange as such, but I thought I'd post it anyway. This war's been raging a few years now. I started the war, but was woefully ill-prepared. I managed to capture the Austrian Netherlands relatively quickly, and made peace with the Netherlands (Austria's main ally for the first part of the war, and their only ally outside of Germania), thereby securing any gains I'd made.

My armies have been slowly whittled away, thanks to the Empire's superior manpower, as well as Austria's better technology. Their armies will be better.

Which brings me to this...

war2cy1.jpg

I have three or four excellent leaders, but the Habsburgs apparently enjoy the best commanders on the planet.

Thankfully, I've destroyed most of their (surprisingly good) navy, which means that at least my fairly large colonial possessions are safe.

The problem is, I'm now at the point where - despite several notable victories and their northern territories under my control - my manpower is basically gone. Any new recruits get massacred quite quickly as the Austrians butcher me in Lorraine and Burgundy (those lands have changed hands numerous times) - and I don't have time to train entire new armies from scratch. I tried this earlier, mustering around 25,000 men in Toulouse (my southern capital, effectively) - but, predictably, those that weren't killed were absorbed into La Grande Armée (it's about 78,000 at present, but it was just under 130,000 at full capacity - each battle drains its numbers, though :()...

I have plenty of cash with which to try and hold out as long as possible (meaning, I'm not running too high a defecit so as to have to make peace ASAP), primarily from New France. My biggest hope is that Austria gets involved in another major conflict - Russia or the Ottomans, or perhaps even Spain (more unlikely, though) would be useful. IIRC, they were in a two-front war at the beginning, but then someone made peace.

Still, we'll see what happens... ;)

What's the mod you're using, mandead? The maps look so pretty I want to have them too... :rolleyes:

war3iy2.jpg

I'm surprised at this. I thought the Austrians had something like a quarter of a million troops fielded. As it happens, I have slightly more than the Habsburg alliance. Still, I have wasted a lot of men in huge battles, so I guess a lot of their troops must have perished as well.

I'll try and hold out, but as you can see, I've lost a few more provinces... :(

I've re-taken Burgundy just south of this screenshot, but the Austrians are surrounding Paris by the minute, and I don't have the manpower to split my army in an effort to take multiple provinces at a time. Remember, the enemy has higher quality troops (and better leaders), so my strength lies in fielding one or two large, powerful armies, rather than the enemy's strategy of numerous smaller ones.

What I would do is to let them take a province, letting them waste men in the process, and the slip a few mercenaries behind their lines and take it back; and then run. Keep them occupied trying to keep the captured provinces down, because the fortress in the province will have a small garrison.
I do not think I would have started the war. :rofl:

eu31123vh6.jpg

Oman causing trouble in southeast Asia; all of the blue-striped provinces are occupied by Oman. Also, the province above Naga is Korean.

(I was playing as Brandenburg/Germany, I loaded as Oman to take this picture.)