• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A long and illustrious career...
veryold.jpg

Yeapy said:
:p What is it? You see, I'm new...

Well, you're definitely not playing with version 1.3 (the last version without Napoleons Ambition- NA or NAx) because in 1.3 AI nations would not accept alliances if they already had two other allies. I don't have NA, but I'm guessing (judging by Kazmir's reaction) that the two-ally-per-AI restriction is discontinued in the expansion. Which makes sense for a Napoleonic-era game, since Napoleon DID have many, many vassal-allies and the alliance against him was likewise quite large.

The Impaler said:
A long and illustrious career...
veryold.jpg

ACTIVE for 90 years... making him at least 106, if you figure he became active at age 16.

!!! *** WARNING: STUPID JOKE AHEAD *** !!!

Maybe he was a different kind of advisor before he hit 60, but then his ARThritis set in, and he figured, heck, might as well have another full career.

Last edited:
Amob_m_s said:
...because in 1.3 AI nations would not accept alliances if they already had two other allies.

These guys are all his vassals, and you could always ally your vassals. (Well, technically, after about 50 vassals they stop allying you... and he may have about 50 by now)

Even in 1.3

NA... I though it is a mod or something like that :p
Yes, I'm playing with the expansion and have so many vassals as it so easy to end a war with vassalisation. Maybe they treat it like the status quo because at the end of the game it is written "...war resulted in status quo" :p

Duke of Wellington said:
Ooo ouch. I don't think that was enough warning :D

My most sincere apologies. :D There's a little more warning now, at least, after my latest edit.

yeapy said:
NA... I though it is a mod or something like that :p
Yes, I'm playing with the expansion and have so many vassals as it so easy to end a war with vassalisation. Maybe they treat it like the status quo because at the end of the game it is written "...war resulted in status quo" :p

It is an expansion. Many things in NA are different from playing with non-expanded EU3, and I'm guessing the ally limit is one of them. In non-expanded EU3, you can't usually get nearly that many AI allies. Usually two allies is the limit.

Amob_m_s said:
My most sincere apologies. :D There's a little more warning now, at least, after my latest edit.

It is an expansion. Many things in NA are different from playing with non-expanded EU3, and I'm guessing the ally limit is one of them. In non-expanded EU3, you can't usually get nearly that many AI allies. Usually two allies is the limit.
you can always have more then 2 vassals allied.

in na vassalising is bugged, so you just need to wait for the enemy's warexhaustion to hit 5 and then you can even as small bavaria demand that napoleonic france gets your vassal. and then just ally. allied vassals dont count on that 2 ally maximum. ;)

Here's some more strange screenshots!!! :)

Hmm the great Aztec-Orissa war over the Gold Coast!

strange2ts6.jpg

ARCHBISHOP of Persia????

strange3mv0.jpg

von_Rundstedt said:
you can always have more then 2 vassals allied.

in na vassalising is bugged, so you just need to wait for the enemy's warexhaustion to hit 5 and then you can even as small bavaria demand that napoleonic france gets your vassal. and then just ally. allied vassals dont count on that 2 ally maximum. ;)

Oh. Cool. I've never been one to vassalize much (I usually play as small nations, and take all the land I can get in order to stay alive.) Hope the vassal thing gets worked out for NA, before I buy it at least :p

Miang said:
Here's some more strange screenshots!!! :)

Hmm the great Aztec-Orissa war over the Gold Coast!

strange2ts6.jpg

ARCHBISHOP of Persia????

strange3mv0.jpg

:rofl: Strange, strange world. At least, THAT world. Aztecs and Orissa. Hmmm.

(BTW, the "Archbishop" is just the title given to the rulers of all theocracies. I know it's not accurate, but the game was made for Europe where the title does fit most of the time.)

Hmm, i would have liked to post here a screenshot of a Venetian colony in AUSTRALIA...
unfortunately Vista seems not to allow simple screenshooting (by ctrl+stamp).
does anyone knows if fraps works on Vista?
thanks in advance