• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Why is the guy from Danzig green?
It's already been mentioned by others, but he's green because I was playing as the Teutons and that was my cardinal.

Wait, so that's not Burgundy in those Spanish provinces, that's the modified Spanish flag?

Reminds me of Carlist rebels in V2. Successful rebellion turns ugly mustard-ketchup Spanish flag into that sexy masterpiece.

Yes, the carlist party used that flag aswell, as a reference to the flag of the armed forces of the Spanish Empire.
btw the carlists were not rebels :)

They are portrayed as rebels in V2 since I guess they didn't want to make a seperate tag or something. It was a civil war between the liberals that supported Isabella over Carlos. Though you could consider them rebels as they did rise up against the current regent or ruler.

A few pages back, Yqt1001 posted a screen of a recently-formed horde Persia that occurred in a multiplayer game...

I always love it when I see unusual nations becoming hordes, however in this MP game I was shocked to see a successful Persian horde!

<snip>

Well, it's expanded since then, so here is Persiahorde near its (probably) peak (atm Byzantium and Yemen are invading it and Vij might as well):

zMFGxVo.jpg

Note: It's muslim tech.

Last edited:
A few pages back, Yqt1001 posted a screen of a recently-formed horde Persia that occurred in a multiplayer game...

Well, it's expanded since then, so here is Persiahorde near its (probably) peak (atm Byzantium and Yemen are invading it and Vij might as well):
[..]

Note: It's muslim tech.

I had a Jalayirid horde in my current game, was surprising, too.

23979,bar8QAD5.jpg

Bar has never been annexed and gained an extra province FROM Burgundy instead! No idea what happened and only noticed it now.
(and neither has Byzantium, which is something I find rather uncomfortable, being a 2PM with their never expiring core on my capital, but thats's not unusual. Edit. Nevermind, Rhodes changed culture and Byz allied me within the next 2 years. Only odd thing about them is that they voluntarily moved their capital to Morea)

lw3ht3pd.jpg

Building a workshop without a constable :p
Actually I ended up getting the constable for free.

ogjk3brl.jpg

I hope they have enough ships to get tarifs from all these overseas provinces...

Last edited:
That's actually something I see fairly often in PU subjects. usually only when hovering over the PU owner's name though. Wondering what their country history will say...