• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Episode IV : Ghastly Geography

Oh, look, another broken Great Britain (and united Ireland). My Fujiwara-Japan had absolutely nothing to do with this... it was those evil British who struck first, I swear! But apart from the Japanese invasion of GB, there are so many reasons why this is one of the worst broken Britains ever.

nations1.png

1. The Wars of the Roses are in full swing, in 1820...
2. ... yet they have somehow exchanged the territories they ought to be holding. Lancastrian and Yorkist (and Kentish) rebels don't seem to care which province they spawn from, only that it has English culture.
3. On that matter, England managed to rebel from Great Britain in Kent, instead of Kentish rebels. If England had been force-released, they would have taken London as well since the AI never removes cores.
4. Northumberland, a country not seen since the Norman Conquest, is somehow by far the most successful British nation.
5. The Bishop of Lincoln has decided to answer to the authority of a landlocked country. Well, formerly landlocked, before they allied with Dai Nippon.
6. Wales is the only British nation that starts with cores which isn't independent. Shame on me. Britain built a COT in Gwynedd so I simply had to annex it. (Poor Welsh... and Kentish)
7. And who the heck united Ireland? It's Flanders...

And now for something completely different, a picture of a ENG-GBR-HRE world conquest in progress.

Apologies for the godawful borders, if it's all going to be mine in the end I can take it in any order I want. And the whole world's a mess (Successful Trebizond? Georgia? Champa? What is this?). But there's one country apart from Britain which really ought not to be where they are.
(Hint: It's already highlighted on the map)

nations2.png

For some unknown reason, Kashmir is in Borneo...

... though actually I know the reason, it's because they were Muslim provinces, which spawned religious rebels under the control of Buddhist Pattani. It was actually quite interesting to watch OPM Pattani opportunistically invade and then annex 5PM Brunei, whose army I had destroyed.

When the country broke, Brunei's Muslim provinces defected to Kashmir, one of the very few Muslim countries left on the map, due to the rest having been Holy War'd into oblivion (Khorasan and Delhi are Hindu, and so is Aceh, having been previously annexed by super Bali/Majapahit). And Kashmir later got their capital annexed - by Delhi, not me - causing them to shift their capital to Borneo.

Also, Orissa inherited Taungu, and ate Kelantan, despite losing everything else. But unlike Kashmir, they at least still have their capital.

Next time - Egregious Events!

Last edited:
I would like to amend my previous screenshot of 'oldest heir alive' with this following one.

I played a game as germany using historical leaders and advisors...

I took the screenshot because of Mozart but thats not the interesting part.

586A862A302A9AE6444DE6489A3552E691C46A58

View attachment 65681
View attachment 65682
Emperor who? I don't know if this is rare, but I've never seen this country form, so I'd say them being the HRE isn't typical, either. And how can a regency council be the HRE? :D

View attachment 65683
And...Islamic Byzantium, who is a junior in a PU with the Mamluks. They spawned from nomad rebels. I'm hoping they get inherited! (Tag switched just to get the screenshot.)

The above worked together because war subsidies weren't cutting it and I had to intervene to save the Mamluks from Burgundian invasion.

(Note: I gave everyone boosted tech in this game.)

I would like to amend my previous screenshot of 'oldest heir alive' with this following one.

I played a game as germany using historical leaders and advisors...

I took the screenshot because of Mozart but thats not the interesting part.

586A862A302A9AE6444DE6489A3552E691C46A58

Playing with historical rulers is realy lol, and i think that you just should not do it, because it breaks the game, aspecialy when you change tags, aspecialy to those which do not formed before 1821

What if you do that while having a really good ruler and having him forever? Also what happens if you change to a republic with historical rulers with a country that didn't go?

What if you do that while having a really good ruler and having him forever? Also what happens if you change to a republic with historical rulers with a country that didn't go?

Well, it does not matter, because playing with historical rulers is not meant to be played in long campaighns, but to play short campaighns, aspecialy in the late game. And having uber king forever is no fun realy. It is like playing on very easy - in the end game ceases to be fun, because you beat any AI without any problems, even if it is alot stronger than you.

So, in my "recent" Minamoto game, I got into some serious difficulty with missions when the Kabuki Play got sort of... stuck.
KABUKI_zpsf7008049.png

Eventually I figured out that just abandoning the mission and firing the Advisor causing it would solve the problem. Unfortunately, a bit later, the same thing happened:
Kabukiiii_zps411a168d.png

Interestingly, it really helped me conquer Asia using that gamey exploit, because my prestige could go up pretty much indefinitely as a result.

Not really "weird" but rather annoying.

rageze.jpg

Say, could we pay 99.5% of our loan now and give that .5% back some other time?

Nope

Adjust your balance so that next month you'll get a surplus of at least 9 ducats, unpause, wait till the end of the month and then pay back your loan. And be grateful they don't charge for interest during that month where you leave the window open and effectively don't pay them back.

VOJ91.jpg

Now this is an interesting development! At the current date of 1578, orthodox Iraq has survived various invasions with their OPM ally Georgia for 75 years! Tough bastards(also the tech leader in the middle east)...

All these years later, EU3 AI at its finest:

Note that it was Castille who started that war (against some Irish minor i think), which naturally cascaded and turned into world war. Still, at time when all those countries decided to gang them, they had almost no WE, +3 stability and almost full land force limit / manpower, and still they got roflpwned by Navarra... I mean... just... dafuq?!?

Play as them,demand half spain,grow and form iberia :)