• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nothing strange, but I believe the rebels in Syria soon will win the civil war ;)

EU3_14.jpg

How is that even possible? Doesn't missionary conversion usually take years?

The emperor has another button in the diplomacy menu, "enforce religious unity". Costs a bunch of prestige if it fails but if it succeeds you get +10 IA for turning a heretic prince to the "true" faith, even if it's Orthodoxy or Protestantism. The targets capital province immidiately gets converted so if it's an OPM conversion is instant.

They're talking about state religion. If you become orthodox as HRE Bohemia at the start, you can start forcing other states to become Orthodox too.

It doesn't really matter what religion the provinces are for this to work - but do note that if a nation converts to another religion, their capital converts too, and many HRE minors are OPM, so a lot of HRE provinces will become orthodox without missionaries required.

edit: nessaj'd!

Ah, I see. That is still quite an impressive record.

The Vikings conquer their heart and soul- Venice.
2w6wdgp.jpg

Quite simple really. England DoW's France. England wins war, takes France's northern coast, then releases Dauphine. This results in an instant alliance between England and Dauphine. The truce ends, England DoW's France again. England wins, Dauphine gets major war concessions from the victory.

In my last game I was playing England, and when I reached 100% warscore I got an event stating that France aknowledged Plantagenest superiority, and the war ended.

Everything that was France became Dauphine, who became my vassal.

Lithuania decided it liked the conquering the Golden Horde was doing, and decided to become a horde themselves.

285F0FEE8EC314C65502B589708538938D3CC5A5

I've the same thing happen in my recent Austria game. But with Hungary and Transylvania.
2012-07-28_00003.jpg

Also in that same game Eturia decided that they didn't care to abide by tech requirements.
2012-07-28_00002.jpg

A simple line in italiannation would handle this ;)