• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What's also surprising is that they're sponsored by Aztec!:rofl:

Poland is the war leader. But I can't negotiate with them...

tcbvn.jpg

Attachments

• tcbvn.jpg
    tcbvn.jpg
    692,3 KB · Views: 62
Well then negotiate with lithuania, and you will be able to speak with the leader... XD

Reminds me some RPG games :

"Before you speak to our leader, you have to speak to..."

I had already ended the war before I posted the screenshot, lol. It's something I've never seen before - the war-leader fell into personal union during their offensive war, and the senior PU partner was also involved in the war on their side, leading to a bizarre situation where the war-leader couldn't negotiate any peaces. I wonder if it's possible for them to become junior PU to someone on the other side of the war, and how the game would resolve that if it is possible.

That's Milan. And yeah, Castille has been having some serious rebel problems lately. :/. Since they're my ally, I've been "helping" them in their revolutionary wars by annexing those pesky revolters. >.>

Last edited:
oBhoz.png

Well that just got stupid. :|

Originally the name stretched from Mexico to Antigua, but as soon as I annexed Trinidad the whole thing collapsed into a jumble who's organization is not unlike that of a child's toybox. The title went across the Caribbean because I added straights between all of the islands, making it possible for an army to travel from Yucatan to the Bahamas, or to the Windward Islands, without having to keep a massive navy in the Caribbean 24/7.

I had already ended the war before I posted the screenshot, lol. It's something I've never seen before - the war-leader fell into personal union during their offensive war, and the senior PU partner was also involved in the war on their side, leading to a bizarre situation where the war-leader couldn't negotiate any peace. I wonder if it's possible for them to become junior PU to someone on the other side of the war, and how the game would resolve that if it is possible.

I had such a situation. As France I claimed the throne of Castile, won the war and forced PU, then I tried to ally with them, but I couldn't, because "the lesser partner in union cannot sign anything except with their senior" or sth like this. I had no idea what was going on, but then I saw that they were in PU with me (France) and Ryazan, in both as a junior. When I attacked them, they were a sovereign country, so it seems, that during the war Castilian king died in some battle and Ryazan got PU with them without forcing it, so after my won war and forced PU, they were in 2 PU's and Ryazan was quicker in offering an alliance. Oh, and their country infobox showed, that my king is their king, probably because my union was more recent. I didn't know, what to do, so I claimed Ryazan's throne and attacked them. :p Since they still had this alliance, CAS honoured it and began to fight with me :p. But our PU didn't break, so there were 2 nations with 1 king fighting each other. I quickly captured 2 Ryazan provinces (trying not to harm CAS) and forced PU. Then they automatically broke their alliance with CAS and I was able to ally with CAS. Though there still was PU Ryazan-CAS, it probably expired after their=my king death. Later I inherited them both.

I'm more interested in that Byzantium. Is this a MP game?

Nope, Byzantium here is an AI. You mean it's big? In my games quite often it got powerful, but in this definitely most. Here you see more of it :D

eu34a.png

I took this screenshot after I inherited Burgundy, Castile, Bohemia and Ryazan together, then Lithuania broke down and Byzantium captured some provinces, so they had a border with Novogrod and also some locked pieces of Smolensk/Pskov/Polotsk. They also took a bit of Arabia in the south and seemed to do very well until I started to conquer Asia.

Nice. Are you the HRE, by any chance?

Yes, I vassalized some of electors, become emperor and added my provinces to HRE. Now after my provinces core, I add them to empire and can release them as my HRE vassals. It's a nice way to burn infamy, since I'm able to unify it all later with one click and 0 infamy gain. Example - releasing Castile burns more than 40 BB :D. But I invented it while playing, so unfortunately I already forced some countries to revoke cores, as I didn't have any other options in some peace deals. Next time I'll be wiser :p

An AI joining another AI's war with -3 stability and 10 WE? Not strange.

Said AI proceeding to raise war taxes even though it's 100% blockaded? Not strange.

Blob of a Hungary having ZERO revolter occupied provinces with -3 stability and 18 WE? Very strange.

EU3_33.jpg