• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Also, and I really want this fixed, the AI has no problems calling thier fellow AI friends into the war, but all bets are off for the player. As if that weren't enough, you constantly have random 1-or-2-province minors asking you to pay all of your money. And it's not like it just happens once or twice. It happens every month, when they are allowed again by the game mechanics to engage in diplomacy with you again (or when they get another diplomat). If this is fixed in 5.2b or will be fixed in 5.2 official, please tell me.

Yeah, the main difference between the player and the AI is that the human will send like 60% of their forces to knock out the opponent while keeping some behind for rebel patrol and in case of back stabs. The AI will send their entire army and doomstack themselves to death with attrition, then get wrecked by the DoWs coming because they have a small army and lots of war exhaustion.

Yeah, the main difference between the player and the AI is that the human will send like 60% of their forces to knock out the opponent while keeping some behind for rebel patrol and in case of back stabs. The AI will send their entire army and doomstack themselves to death with attrition, then get wrecked by the DoWs coming because they have a small army and lots of war exhaustion.

Not realy, in some wars, you just need to send all of your forces. But to be able to do that you need to have clear backyard(and propably allies that may deal rebels for you) and low revolt risk.

When I saw that picture, I had deja vu (though I was playing as Naples at the time):

96gUL.jpg
There should be a record in the Hall of Fame for "most AI units stacked on a single province". >.>

Hahahaah XD good point... It make me remember one time when as muscowy/russia i got 100k stack of mine just walking around... but it was 1.3 plus i did not knew how bad atrition is XD... plus it was not so bad by then XD...
I remember in heir to the throne when i had as Byzantium 100,000 troops guarding Iran :/ Being a noob back then i didn't notice they drained my manpower and couldn't reach 100,000 fully

@ZomgK3tchup Actually it should be the US :p

When I saw that picture, I had deja vu (though I was playing as Naples at the time):

96gUL.jpg

The AI doesn't seem to have any concept of prioritizing objectives at all. If an ally calls me to war, there is no guarantee that I'll even send any troops. But the AI will constantly send armies at you, even if they had no chance of accomplishing anything.

Needs scorched earth.

Iv'e never seen that Austria AI have built 80 000+ soldiers :eek:

Means, you're too good player to allow that XD...
Or that he doesn't check austria or that he doesn't play anywhere near austria

Needs scorched earth.
I had good relations with Austria at the time (in other words, I had paid them off, hoping they wouldn't attack) and didn't want to get into a fight with them, but when they became embroiled in some pointless war in northern Europe like a century later, I did issue a declaration of war against them. They only left behind 20k or 30k troops in mainland Austria, so their provinces were easy to take, even as their army filtered back down south in smaller, more manageable stacks. Eventually, after I took most of their former territory, Austria was consigned to a few Scandinavian provinces in northern Europe, and as the emperor they were easy to push around because they had hereditary rule and thus no electors - too weak to enact further reforms but too strong for other countries in the HRE to displace them. I would've liked to see if it was possible to beat the original doomstack, but I was stretched a little thin at the time, and my situation in Greece was too precarious to risk open warfare against a more powerful opponent.

Always seems to be the Polish-Lithuania hordes in my games... Ottomans desperately trying to hold Constantinople with 50k troops to the 120k Pol-Lith doomstack.
Iwanow is proud