• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Apparently this is what happens when you vassalize all the electors, stay a Republic and cause havoc in the current Emperor's country right before he dies. He's succeeded by an African minor.
mutapa.png

Strangest part is that, while Mutapa was converted at some point, it hadn't expanded beyond its starting boundaries and was still a Tribal Federation.
It becomes even crazier if there is no valid country. The Game bugs out, the HRE window disappears and every day the tag "REB" gets elected emperor. In the imperial mapmode the sahara then becomes ligh green as if it where a player.

Apparently this is what happens when you vassalize all the electors, stay a Republic and cause havoc in the current Emperor's country right before he dies. He's succeeded by an African minor.
mutapa.png

Strangest part is that, while Mutapa was converted at some point, it hadn't expanded beyond its starting boundaries and was still a Tribal Federation.
Plus Pskov, Polotsk and Kazakh are members of the HRE!

EU3_1339.jpg

The Sunni Sultanate of the Knights Hospitaller, controlling most of Greece in 1511. Somehow, Knights Nationalists spawned in Athens and took over all of Greece during a war between the Ottomans and Mamluks, and when I saw that, I felt obligated to get them released when I beat the Ottomans in my own war, though I had hoped to do so before the Ottomans managed to convert Rhodes, so I would have an Orthodox puppet in Greece.

See those rebels on Rhodes? Those are Epirote Nationalists; Epirus never touched Rhodes before they got annexed. :p

Finish of a Hands-off game and I found a surprise in Germany
The Palatinate passed all of the reforms save the very last one, and they took a surprising amount of land in Germany. The Holy Roman Emperor also owns most of France (under Aachen and Toulouse) so he is extremely powerful.

Dat moldavia
Dat Mentesse
Dat Candar
DAt polotsk

Finish of a Hands-off game and I found a surprise in Germany
The Palatinate passed all of the reforms save the very last one, and they took a surprising amount of land in Germany. The Holy Roman Emperor also owns most of France (under Aachen and Toulouse) so he is extremely powerful.

That's incredible. Looks like Bohemia didn't want to join up. XD