• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
dharper said:
Nope. Once the Genie's out of the bottle, it can't be put back in. However, seeing the game year, the Reformation is almost over. The spread of Protestantism events stop firing after 1650.

Looking at the map, the reason for your crappy Reformation is the blobbing going on: if you only have a handful of countries in Europe, the Reformation is likely to start late - if it starts at all - and vast areas may be immune if one or more countries has Deus Vult or Divine Supremacy.
You sure? I think I stopped the reformed church from spreading because around 1660 I had converted all of the former provinces that were reformed, then again I did have deus vult and controlled most of europe east of france.

skakaiser said:
You sure? I think I stopped the reformed church from spreading because around 1660 I had converted all of the former provinces that were reformed, then again I did have deus vult and controlled most of europe east of france.
Reformed events also stop in 1650. :)

dharper said:
Looking at the map, the reason for your crappy Reformation is the blobbing going on: if you only have a handful of countries in Europe, the Reformation is likely to start late - if it starts at all - and vast areas may be immune if one or more countries has Deus Vult or Divine Supremacy.

Yes, it has been quite blobby...
TheReformation2.jpg

Not visible, but Milan controls almost all of Italy. I was shocked to say the least when I saw Venice ceding them land in the first few years of the game.

EDIT: Well, I'm going to have to remove those Protestant swine from the earth, being the Papal States, and all.

EDIT2: It is going to end up more blobby than now; Scotland leads a PU with England and they have been at 200 relations for at least a decade of this PU. I can just feel England getting inherited. If that happens, I'm DOWing before Scotland can build an army to defend it all.

Last edited:
piff133 said:
Not visible, but Milan controls almost all of Italy. I was shocked to say the least when I saw Venice ceding them land in the first few years of the game.
yes. that has been happening in a lot my game too. Venice cedes because Austria declares war on them and they don't have enough troops or manpower to deal with both.

japs

hello! i've started playing eu3 just a week ago, and after some unsuccesful attempts with ottomans, i decided to play with japs, as a trading and colonising nation. i've filled my coffers until mid-17's, when aragon decided to invade my cities in texas. to cut the story short, i diplo-annexed them in the end, see for yourself :)

other parts of the empire;

i have 1 colony in americas, 1 in new zealand also bermudas, cape verde and 3 cities in phillipines.

all national idea slots filled, techs researched to 45-50's, and a horrible badboy score :eek:

all cities in north america and mexico are shinto, except 2 provinces.

:rolleyes:

Stabbed where?!?

More fun with modding: apparently the game doesn't understand when you lose a province by event.
stabbedWHERE.gif

ronin_tokugawa said:
hello! i've started playing eu3 just a week ago, and after some unsuccesful attempts with ottomans, i decided to play with japs, as a trading and colonising nation. i've filled my coffers until mid-17's, when aragon decided to invade my cities in texas. to cut the story short, i diplo-annexed them in the end, see for yourself :)
How did you diplo-annexe them ? they are of different religion group... :confused:

Duke of Wellington said:
Maybe they missed and hit lower?

There is a completely different term for that. :D

armandoeng said:
Well, probably the years that I was Sweden ally helped me to discover their capital. :rolleyes:

Stockholm is shrouded in mystery from all eyes.

Those Sneaky Vikings.

armandoeng said:
Well, probably the years that I was Sweden ally helped me to discover their capital. :rolleyes:

Are you sure they don't somehow have a colony named "Stockholm" somewhere?

Kazmir said:
Oh, sure - find excuses for Paradox. A classic case of Stockholm Syndrome.

dharper said:

Not true, I've gotten over it, I meet with my psychiatrist frequently and... uh oh :(

Kazmir said:

Im sure, because I take the shot after clicked in "GOTO" button.

dharper said:

LOL :rofl:

Anyway, I believe this is a bug from MMG 1.71. Nothing really creep, but was amusing.