• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wow, they do indeed. That's bizarre, none of their provinces are even in the Altaic group.
Yup, the Jalayirids are the last remnant of the Ilkhanate, the division of the Mongol Empire that governed the Middle East. The Ilkhanate splintered into many petty kingdoms, and the Timurids came from the north to conquer most of them.

Always a popular thread in Paradox games EUIII should be no exception, if you're unfamilar with the idea have a look at this thread.

Make this a place to post any strange occurrences you see throguhout your EUIII world.

To take a screenshot and add to thread:

1. When running EUIII and you find a strange happening press Print Screen
2. Minimise EUIII
3. Open a graphics program like paint.
4. Paste the screenshot and edit as necessary.
5. Save in PNG or JPG format to cut down file size

Alternatively use the screenshot tool found here.

6. Host on a website like Imageshack.us or Photobucket.com
7. Paste the link into a post on here.
I've tried that, and what you get is what you had before you were on EU3.

Have you got windowed mode turned on? Somekind of background interface program that conflicts?

Also, since you are a 'PdoxNewbie', may I remind you that this thread has 'ghost pages', the number of which has long been a topic of discussion here.

Official records state that Omer Veli died decades ago, serving at the head of the Imperial Army, but eye witnesses claim that he never left. Being bureaucratic in nature, the official records have never changed, but Ottoman High Command refuses to send a replacement commander for fear of perhaps repeating that nasty little "Doctor Daneeka" incident...
For how long after that screenshot did the general stay with the army? Forever, until the army fought, or something like that?

I know your problem

1. Right Click Your EU3 .exe, not the launcher but the actual program
2. Go to prooperties
3. Click on Compatibility
4. Check the box that says, "Disable Desktop Composition"

Did you know, guys, we have five ghost pages now? Isn't that cool?

Doesn't F11 work for taking screenshots (along with F12 & Shift-F12)?

More insanity from the 5.2 30th of March beta patch. Forced a PU on Haasa and then, a few months later, forced one on Algiers. This happens.

eu351.jpg

I later inherited them both, so no big deal.

I've had something similar happen under 5.1... had Castile force a PU on Aragon, which already had a PU with Brittany. Castile later inherited Aragon (I think by event?) and Brittany wound up free. I also had a situation where one of my allies got force-vassaled during a succession war, and then I won and forced a PU on their overlord... in that case as well, the vassalage was broken upon inheritance.

I've had something similar happen under 5.1... had Castile force a PU on Aragon, which already had a PU with Brittany. Castile later inherited Aragon (I think by event?) and Brittany wound up free. I also had a situation where one of my allies got force-vassaled during a succession war, and then I won and forced a PU on their overlord... in that case as well, the vassalage was broken upon inheritance.

Yeah, I've seen that before. But in this case, it was under the personal union of BOTH of us :D