• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Never again 200 years province spread and low agression. Europe should not be left alone on low agression. How Karamon managed to core Pisa and Siena while Great Britain, Castille, Trollhemia and Burgundy are successful is full of mystery . . .

EU3_17.jpg

In that game events made me ready for westernization at 1435 and I had three high admin rules before 1500 - and westernized around 1750 because then I met Trollhemia in Western Siberia and got a new dynasty with a better ruler than the common 3/3/3 living 80 years. . . High admin rulers, low agression and slow spread guarentee no expansion in the first 250 years thanks to Buerocrats in power. But at least I got westernization in one row because Buerocrats push your economy through the roof :D

Later Pisa revolted as a Islamic Noble Republic . . .

EU3_19.jpg

And yes - that white beneath Ottomans is Greece.

Last edited:

Looks like paradox looked in-depth for ragusan leader history ;)

Looks like paradox looked in-depth for ragusan leader history ;)

Sadly enough they are being accurate, it is the same thing as Syndic Der Tagsatzung... Its funny how they didn't fix the councils with leader titles bug however...

How does it compare with D&T?

Without meaning to hijack this post, I will quickly summarise.
Danubian added hundreds of new provinces, reshaped most of Europe, China, Northeast Canada, etc etc etc.
He removed African/American minors.
He created a new set of decisions, event chains etc.

Basically its a really nice, un-flowery mod. Doesn't go crazy, concentrates on accuracy whilst avoiding determinism.

When I think about it.. I've never seen this one.. "Sharah" ?
Located north of Mecca

Its Sharjah, it is one of the Emirates in the UAE

Ulm is also bigger than usual...

Troll is a Swedish word meaning spell or magic. So the only strange thing is why he is the Witchking ;)

Troll is a Swedish word meaning spell or magic. So the only strange thing is why he is the Witchking ;)
It means "troll" actually. The verb "trolla" means to do magic tho (and to troll on the net too, nowadays).

Trolle is one of the older Swedish noble families iirc. Karl IX looks a bit high a number tho, I guess I never noticed it before but EU3 uses the fake numerals for Karls Sweden has been using for a few centuries OTL.

Once in an older game (never took a screenshot, sadly), Japan was not only a noble republic, but it's religion had somehow changed to Hindu. All the daimyos were still shinto and there was no other hindu regions anywhere near Japan. Never found out what caused it...

Most likely they went narrowminded. got an event where province changes religion and then collapsed to rebels. I've seen a Hindu Kyoto once myself but never Hindu Japan.

The AI actually formed Russia and historical Austria. And Algiers is going for WC. I started in 1399, allied Castille and helped it annex Aragon all the while Austria annexed Bohemia after a series of wars and then inherited Hungary. So rare! I'm england btw