• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ok, so this is a screenshot taken from my Venice game. The thing I don't understand is what's going on the island of Gotland, which is owned by Denmark, but apparently is now controlled by Lithuania (which is the big purple country to the right). Now the thing you need to know is that Lithuania IS A LAND-LOCKED COUNTRY! Its been landlocked for the entire game. I've switched to playing Lithuania just to check to see if they got some port I didn't know about, but nope, no ports, and no navy. The question I want to know is how the hell does a landlocked country invade an island? And Gotland isn't one of those islands that you can cross via a narrow straight either. And then there's the fact Denmark actually has a respectable navy...

It did cross my mind that maybe Lithuania supported some rebels, but its says explicits "Occupied by Lithuania" not "Occupied by Nationalist Rebels". Besides, Gotland is Swedish culture, and rebels always change occupied territories to black stripes, not colored.

Edit: I don't know if its relevant, but Lithuania WAS papal controller around this time. Maybe that gave him the power to part the Baltic Sea? :p

Last edited:
Looks like Steppe Wolf happened to it.

Indeed. Bhutan and Goguryeo both got land in the west in peace deals, then proceeded to make colonies there. Then Bhutan was kicked out of Asia by Tibet, and Korea declared independence from Goguryeo.

The mass of "Latin American" nations in Africa is a result of my previous game in this timeline. I played Vascones, a Spanish nation. I conquered all of Iberia, then inherited Egypt. I used this opportunity to colonize and conquer east Africa. Then I switched over to Judea. In the late 1700's and early 1800's, a bunch of revolutions happened there, and Bob's your uncle, A bunch of Latin American nations cropped up. I had Texas in that dark green sliver between Louisiana and Egypt, but then the game crashed. :/ It was so beautiful.

Looks like they pulled the old switcheroo:

2012-03-09_00002.jpg

Ok, so this is a screenshot taken from my Venice game. The thing I don't understand is what's going on the island of Gotland, which is owned by Denmark, but apparently is now controlled by Lithuania (which is the big purple country to the right). Now the thing you need to know is that Lithuania IS A LAND-LOCKED COUNTRY! Its been landlocked for the entire game. I've switched to playing Lithuania just to check to see if they got some port I didn't know about, but nope, no ports, and no navy. The question I want to know is how the hell does a landlocked country invade an island? And Gotland isn't one of those islands that you can cross via a narrow straight either. And then there's the fact Denmark actually has a respectable navy...

It did cross my mind that maybe Lithuania supported some rebels, but its says explicits "Occupied by Lithuania" not "Occupied by Nationalist Rebels". Besides, Gotland is Swedish culture, and rebels always change occupied territories to black stripes, not colored.
Does Lithuania have any vassals with a navy? Vassals occupy territories in the name of their overlord

Edit: I don't know if its relevant, but Lithuania WAS papal controller around this time. Maybe that gave him the power to part the Baltic Sea? :p

Well it says Denmark is at war with Lithuania & Riga... perhaps Riga is a Lithuanian vassal? In that case if they did land troops it would result in Lithuania "occupying" the territory. Riga could have gotten troops onto Gotland before their navy lost to Denmark's if the Danish navy is any good like you suggest.

Looks like they pulled the old switcheroo:

View attachment 50351

Now that's just silly! :laugh:

Also: Holstein has taken over Denmark.

Easy, a Lithuanian vassal with a navy occupied it, vassals always conquer in name of their master.

Don`t you just love when this happens:

6i40og.jpg

And somehow it almost all cored, despite beeing in different culture groups.
Also, at the top you can see Prussia surrounding OPM Teutonic Order. And TO was the one who formed Prussia!

Last edited:
This is one of those moments where you just kind of sit, and look at your computer for 5 minutes.
Then, you punch your screen, break your knuckles, go to the hospital, come back home the next day, and reload from your last autosave.

Then, you punch your screen, break your knuckles, go to the hospital, come back home the next day, and reload from your last autosave.
Is your computer screen made of steel or something?

Don`t you just love when this happens:

6i40og.jpg

And somehow it almost all cored, despite beeing in different culture groups.
Also, at the top you can see Prussia surrounding OPM Teutonic Order. And TO was the one who formed Prussia!

You get cores if both parties in an inheritance are part of the HRE.

Which is why you take bohemia if you want to inherit as much as possible with cores(Poland, Hungary, and HRE).

Also, which is nice, all land that are owned by someone outside HRE, that are in HRE, give you free cores if you are in HRE, when you take it from its former owner.