• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I always thought that Mantua's coat-of-arms really resembled a certain Anglo nation's.

90a07.png

And the AI thought so too, because it had Great Britain conquer Ferrara next door just to prove the point.

5UV4j.jpg

that happened during the previous version.... timurids were released from some indian state and have their capital in Indus. but their primary culture is still Uzbek.

They managed to become a Khaganate without any medling of mine.

I've got a few from just one game. I think the AI goes a bit berserk when you play well as an unusual country.

Global_AfricaScramble.jpg
A global scramble for Africa centuries early where even Africa is scrambling for itself! (Songhai)

Spanish_Europe.jpg
That's where the Spaniards are in Europe, right Mr. Cartographer?

Sigh_Japan.jpg
Ming Inherited Japan at some point, but then lost it. By then, the daimyos were picked at partly by Korea and later the British. Don't worry, Japan revolted from them too... *sigh*

Khivan_Mamluks.jpg
Khiva is still a horde in the 1800s and they inherited the Mamluks. They've also expanded in their many years as a horde and have managed to become a threat in that no Europeans seem to want to mess with them. Not pictured are the once proud and powerful Orthodox Candar Turks. :(

Sibir_Relations.jpg
The Cherokee have great relations with their Siberian neighbors.
emot-v.gif

eu31o.jpg

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/24/eu31o.jpg/

From my Netherlands game, I thought an annual growth of 255,659 in a single city was pretty strange!

From experience I've found that the growth doesn't quite work as it indicates it should. Also, 27% is fairly common in Antwerpen if Netherlands takes off, I personally got it up to 29% once before I split the CoT. (I didn't really need Antwerpen to keep being huge when I already had it at nearly max population.)

From my Netherlands game, I thought an annual growth of 255,659 in a single city was pretty strange!
From experience I've found that the growth doesn't quite work as it indicates it should. Also, 27% is fairly common in Antwerpen if Netherlands takes off, I personally got it up to 29% once before I split the CoT. (I didn't really need Antwerpen to keep being huge when I already had it at nearly max population.)
EU3's growth rates are over ten years, not annual. I think it compounds pop monthly, but I'm not sure.

In any event, the standard formula for continuous growth, P(t) = Pe^kt (initial pop times e to the rate times time), works well enough for most purposes (I needed to calculate this for a modded event, and the difference between my calculated and actual pops after 30 years was fairly small.) So with that 27% rate, a pop of 946k goes to 971k in the first year.

Edit: To clarify, when it sez the growth is 27%, it means it's 2.7% per year or .225% per month. The distinction doesn't matter if they compound at the same rate. But, eg, 27% per ten years on a base of 1000 is 1270 compounding every ten years vs. 1310 compounding instantly... obv larger numbers make it more pronounced. A pop w/ a 1% growth rate doubles in 100*ln2 or ~69 years rather than the 100 that "1% per year -> 100% per 100 years" implies.

(Sorry for going so offtopic. :laugh:)

Last edited:
The Cherokee have great relations with their Siberian neighbors.

I just had something similar to me happen in my Brunei game:

eu3-070.jpg

It is gratifying to know that a Steppe Horde country that doesn't share a border with me and is thousands of miles away from my nearest province holds me in higher esteem.

Not that being held in higher esteem by a horde country will change their behavior towards me one iota should I somehow wind up with them as a neighbor...