• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
France was shattered before either England or Burgundy showed up (England was busy in Iberia, which they now control a sizable chunk of, and Burgundy kept trying to expand eastward through my allies, forcing me to decimate it's military every 25 years or so.) Revolts?

France should be able to deal with revolts. I'd guess some other power took them apart. Unless massive revolts somehow started and finished while France had all its armies away fighting.

Yeah, Burgundy in my game also took over France's position, being the perpetual HRE emperor and the Defender of Catholic Faith too. Scotland also took the isles and became Great Beitain, while later England became free and got inherited by Austria.

UQXwS.png

We've all seen a Switzerland go mad in this thread once of twice, but I though this one deserved a little praise.

Weirdwar1.png

As you can see from above, a typical France doing the Blob. What might be weird is seeing some of the armies fighting on France though. I feel this is an appropriate time to say I put Random Lucky Nation on.

WeirdWar2.png

So, wondering what was happening to France I looked into the war screen. France in my game had not had the best last thirty years. Excommunicated pretty much all the time or at war with one of the few nation that can actually challenge it, I still thought France as a tough nut to crack. You can imagine my surprise then when I saw that Switzerland was the leader of a bunch of small nation that thought they were up to the job.

Weirdwar3.png

I can quite happily say, they won. France has pretty much collapsed on itself.

eu31r.png

My jaw literally dropped when I finally noticed this. That's an AI-formed Japan you see there. I don't think I've ever seen such a thing before, in my entire history with EU3 and these forums.

It's the very latest version of Miscmods. :p

And it's doubtful Japan could do much against Ming. Ming is still going quite strong, despite the fact that it has apparently ceded Wu and Qin away. Now, what would truly be great is if Ming could take out Manchu, modernize and form China. This would truly be a miraculous game if they could pull that off . . .

For some reason Switzerland vassalised them instead of conquering and then asked for alliance and sent a CtA?

Suppose they want to be part of switzerland?

For some reason Switzerland vassalised them instead of conquering and then asked for alliance and sent a CtA?

Just wondering myself I loaded up Switzerland and found two interesting things. Aside from the fact Switzerland had been awfully aggressive in this game, Lorraine isn't a vassal just an ally. The other is that Switzerland has vassalised Baden and Wurttemberg.