• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Happens in every single one of my games. I haven't seen a successful France in a long time. Even if they start out strongly and unite their own territories, they always - and I mean always - end up at war with Aragon, Burgundy, England and Austria at the same time, send all their troops to Aragon, and then get completely occupied by a combination of the other three. Then they're forced to release their minors and cede huge amounts of land to England and Burgundy.

I really wish that, just once, I could see a successful France. That would be a strange screenshot.

The best way to see that would be is Paradox would either remove some of the small French vassals they have so many of since DW, or to add an event for France that removes the Vassal cores upon annexation (or does it already have that; can't remember). I know it's something of a tradition to add a new French vassal in each new expansion, but it's really messed up the game balance.

I think the problem comes here that these minors were added to stop France taking over the world by starting off too powerful as a united country. Perhaps they over did it, perhaps not. I've seen DW France fail utterly and I've seen them conquer Aragon and Burgundy. Any nation can end up destroyed if it gets hit with 3 or 4 of the other powers of the era.

I really wish that, just once, I could see a successful France. That would be a strange screenshot.
I don't think it's that strange, but...

eu320111013083421.jpg

Edit: And, yes, this is the worst possible game in which I could have gotten the BBB. :laugh:

Last edited:
So I was putzing around with the game, starting and restarting new games just to check out features I haven't seen yet, and check out religious and cultural decisions I hadn't seen in my Novgorod/Russia game. Checking out stuff like the Shogunate interface in Japan and the Faction stuff in Ming China.

I didn't actually do anything in these games. Never unpaused 'em at all. Just poked around the interface, checked stuff out, and then resigned to pick another country.

But when I resigned from the Ming China game, I got this historical summary:

eu3-045.jpg

That's...pretty far away from Ming China in 1399...

France was shattered before either England or Burgundy showed up (England was busy in Iberia, which they now control a sizable chunk of, and Burgundy kept trying to expand eastward through my allies, forcing me to decimate it's military every 25 years or so.) Revolts?