• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I wanted to completly stay out of continental affairs and play a colonial game as England/Britain... when Moscowy suggested me a royal mariage, i tough 'how can it hurt?'...

Well, i had a surprise:

personalunionoo3.png

Will this end with the formation of the United Kingdom of Great Britain, Ireland and Moscow?

Edit: thats not strage or it is?

Last edited:
CleverClothe said:
I might be wrong about them being a vassal, they may have just been an ally.

Or, if two nations are at war with one (or more) and a junior partner demands peace for vassalization, its accepted, but the war continues between the vassal and the major partner, who can then vassalize.

Example:

Crete leads the Cretan-Venetian alliance against Modena.

Venice beats Modena (probably easier than Crete did because of distances) and demands vassalization. Modena accepts, but because Venice is only a minor partner in the war, the deal only affects Venice, not the whole alliance.

Later, Crete, still at war with Modena, wins some victories and demands vassalization. Modena accepts, thus switching from a Venetian to a Cretan vassal.

-------

I believe this would have been a relatively historical situation in feudal Europe: rather than replace every vassal in lands a kingdom conquered, I'm sure many of the vassals there simply shifted allegiance (although I doubt a king would have liked his ally for stealing his new vassals too much, and I doubt this exact case was too common)

Playing my second EU3 game with Savoy, all was going well ever since Austria invited me to an alliance with them. It made us invincible. Together, we managed to bring down Castille. However, because I couldn't get any worthwhile peace agreement ( :rolleyes: ) I decided to force Castille to release the 3 nations they had on the list (Fez having been released moments earlier by the Papal States), thinking three big blobs would show up to weaken the Spanish possessions in West Africa. Wrong. Except for Morocco, which may prove usefull either as a threat or as a troop magnet, the other two are tiny, weak nations.

But there's worse. Being the great ally that I am, apparently I've managed to get the Austrian Army stuck in Granada... while the Ottomans DOWed Austria and are running them over...

f_austriafubam_dab5a51.jpg

Hopefully, with the evil peace system in place the Ottomans won't be able to do much harm to Austria, unless having no colonies allows the Ottomans to annex them, which wouldn't be good at the moment because left alone I won't be able to hold against the French, much less Castille and Aragorn if they decided to take revenge on me.

The end of the mighty Kingdom of Savoy may be nearing.

eu3austriabug.jpg

I never allied austria in this and yet I am being called to war to defend austria and venice but only venice is actually allied to me..

I am actually about to go after venice since he has two nice COTs that I would not mind getting my hands on.

epdj said:
eu3austriabug.jpg

I never allied austria in this and yet I am being called to war to defend austria and venice but only venice is actually allied to me..

I am actually about to go after venice since he has two nice COTs that I would not mind getting my hands on.

Is that played with NA 2.1? I think warnings and guarantees now get you into war (haven't played 2.1 yet myself).

yeah, its the new one.. i see, so that is why... I do not remember ever adding a warning to venice either. ok, my fault.. I did not know they did that... I just got called to war from france this time and I realize it.

I do not see why you would be allied in a war with someone just because you warned the nation they are at war with... the wars should be seperate, non-allied.

Earlier I had another strange problem, but I forgot to get a screenshot. I had a rebellion pop up in a province, and I sent my 18k army to quell the rebels(of about 5k). When Anhalt(4k) arrived, the army meter was telling me that it was my 5k troops against a 22k rebellion but the army definately had my 22k fighting. If only I had remembered to take a screenshot.

:rofl:
I remember playing Skåne in EU 2. I had colonies i America :cool: Dose Gotland have it too?

Mr. G said:
:rofl:
I remember playing Skåne in EU 2. I had colonies i America :cool: Dose Gotland have it too?

No, and they just lost Stockholm to Denmark. :(

I think this tops Ethiopia becoming the emperor.

EU3_4.png

They have kidnapped Rumpelstiltskin! To WAR!

EU3_2.png

I invaded thinking they had 4 gold mines only to discover that 2 of the provinces with the gold icons were actually making grain. Also notice where they are trading through (Manhatten is mine to make things even stranger)

OttomanVisit.jpg

The ottomans decided to pay a visit for god-knows what reason. They had no wars against anyone up in the baltic. They hung around for a year before they decided to go home.

Timbrizcha said:
The ottomans decided to pay a visit for god-knows what reason. They had no wars against anyone up in the baltic. They hung around for a year before they decided to go home.
You've never gone on a Scandinavian holiday?

Geoffrey said:
You've never gone on a Scandinavian holiday?

I live in sweden :p so I don't need to.

I wonder what boring tales those ottoman sailors brought home "well, we sat out there... watching... the water..."

WillT said:
I think this tops Ethiopia becoming the emperor.

EU3_4.png
I love this one! Hope that France gets inherited :D

Timbrizcha said:
I live in sweden :p so I don't need to.

I wonder what boring tales those ottoman sailors brought home "well, we sat out there... watching... the water..."

I noticed the date, and January wouldn't be my first choice - but I must say that it is preferable to Stockholm in November.

I THOUGHT THIS WAS WEIRD AM I WRONG IS THIS NORMAL (LOOK AT ALBANIA ITS A VASSEL WITH A VASSEL)

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Timbrizcha said:

The Sultan is going on a Baltic cruise, perhaps?