• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm playing with the steppewolf mod, starting from 11 AD and trying to go all the way through to 2010. Every few centuries or so I resign and look at the map to see how everyone's doing. At around 776 AD I see this:

1sdqwk.png

It's like a Native American Ming! D:

That my friends is Sesquehanna, an Administrative Kingdom one thousand years before Americans won independence in our timeline. Apparently it ate up all the other small Native American states and centralized to form one big nation. Honestly I can't wait to see if they survive to see European colonization, and how they handle it.

Mmmmmh. Never played that long. Would you mind posting screenshots of the world, please?

Mmmmmh. Never played that long. Would you mind posting screenshots of the world, please?

Behold! The crazy train!

alta9i.jpg

I'm Vascones, the Dark Green country that controls the Iberian Peninsula, Ultralight green are the Gauls, red is Rome (Didn't die out because the Goths got their ass kicked), Great Britain is still a bunch of crazy celts, save for the single province I have there. Ireland was the same way but I took control of the situation rather early. Out east it got really crazy. Tibet and Goreyou got really, really big early on, but have since been eaten up by various nations, particularly the Xiongnu. Also, the Yamato have control of some provinces in the middle east, and the Tibetans are in control of some territory in northern Scandinavia.

EDIT: Added the most recent, relevant map.

Last edited:
Presumably there are decisions for them, much the same as in "normal" EU III some of the countries can be formed once you hold certain land, and certain other requirements are met.

How do new countries form? Like France, or Sweden, or GB. Since in year 11 those werent there?

When I got into actual Latin tech levels, I was given an event to either cede a few provinces in the northeast to form Aragon or lose stability, so I'm guessing at certain points nation will spring up by such events.

From this same game:
z2stz.jpg
I'll let you figure out the problem here...

On a sad note, it looks like Susquehanna began to fracture. At least all the tiny native american nations that formed are Dutchies instead of tribal blehs.

They quite literally laid a Hebrew hammer to the country known as Nabtea. Watching them grow from a OPM to that was entertaining to say the least. Too bad they're all Orphic now though.

Steppewolf is awesome. BUT IT LAGS LIKE HELL. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I just can't play it while normal EU III runs smooth as butter on the fastest and I have a pretty good pc. (Well, DW + Death & Taxes.)

That's a problem I have aswell. Steppe Wolf and the latest Death and Taxes (4.e or something) runs very sluggish. That's on of the reasons I like Miscmods - a month literatelly takes around a second, making it great for waiting for cores, truces etc.

World's Worst Doomstack. (I've seen cavalry conquer a fort faster than that!)
eu3121.png

[Australian accent]

That's not a Doomstack. This is a Doomstack.

dasdoomstacke.png

(Austria wants to cross to invade Scandinavia (Sweden is an ally of Austria), but the Scandinavian fleet is blocking the straight. I think this is a good moment to declare war on Scandinavia, let the Austrians pass and then declare war on Austria. Show them who's boss.)

EDIT: This is the cheesiest war ever. First I trap all their armies in Sweden, but then I can't DOW Austria directly, because I don't have a CB, so I DOW ansalt, an Austrian vassal, with a "cleansing of heresy" CB. Now, I can take catholic Austrian provinces for 2 infamy each...

Last edited: