+ Reply to Thread
Page 1070 of 1283 FirstFirst ... 970 995 1020 1045 1060 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1080 1095 1120 1145 1170 ... LastLast
Results 21,381 to 21,400 of 25655

Thread: Strange Screenshots

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Why are there ghost pages?For me there are 1075 pages and only 1069 of these are used
    [22:23:51] <Groogy> Mathrim, give it to me gently
    What Crusader Kings 2 makes you say:
    [19:23:43] <Duke> I just need my damn wife to die
    [19:23:48] <Duke> Then I can invade and take their shit

Quote Originally Posted by videonfan View Post
    Why are there ghost pages?For me there are 1075 pages and only 1069 of these are used
    it has to do with deleted posts. those are still there, but only moderators can see them. unfortunately, the vbulletin system doesn't take that into account when displaying the number of pages to a normal user.

Deleted posts still 'count' as posts for the pages

Quote Originally Posted by Iwanow View Post
    Wow, you got so small resolution. Do you got so small screen?
    My game is faster this way.
    I'm playing on a laptop with a pretty weak processor.

Okay, as a new player, I'm not sure how strange this is. It may happen all the time. But it's the first time it's happened to me, and it seemed pretty damned odd...

I had a slider move available, and since I'm playing Novgorod and want to Westernize, I moved the slider towards Centralization. This particular slider move spawned a Pretender Rebellion in Bryansk. Not a problem, since I already have 10 regiments garrisoned there since it has a high revolt risk already.

So I'm watching my little army dudes fight and nobody is near close to being wiped out or running out of morale, when suddenly I get the "You won!" message. Well, that's weird, but okay. So I hover my mouse over the units to see where the rebels are retreating to so I can hopefully head them off. And I see this:

There's a Muscovite Nationalist uprising next door to me in Golden Horde-controled Tula. A few regiments of the Muscovite Nationalists came over to Bryansk, and I guess they don't like the Novgorodian Pretenders, because they actually started fighting them instead of moving on to seige another one of my provinces.

Well, the Novgorodian Pretenders may want to stage a coup d'etat on the current Novgorodian president, but they're Novgorodians through-and-through, and aren't about to let some upstart Muscovites get their filthy hands on legitimately-held Novgorodian territory. So they switch sides:

The Novgorodian Pretenders spawned with only five regiments total. Those soldier numbers for the Novgorodian Pretenders are his forces as well as my (legitimate) Novgorodian forces combined against the Muscovite Nationalists, because the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

And finally, we win the day:

Note the temporary alliance -- my shield and the Pretender shield -- in the "Win" side.

And after that, the Novgorodian Pretenders marched on Tver and were put down by legitimate Novgorodian troops, while the Muscovite Nationalists were vanquished in Vyazma.

Modern Psycho-General CivandEUIII's Avatar
    Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    March of the EaglesRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The Exiled
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Operation Bagration in the first screenshot much?

Also hugely relieved this did not end with the report "The Three Mountains achievement broken. Steps to reproduce: ..." - Rufo
    "I pity the fool who has to fill out 272 years of Indian history." - Cuthuthulu
    "
    (Wouldnt Hitler look much friendlier with curls and that silly mustache shaved off?)" - podcat
    "
    This ascii art is terrible." - Jacob Braughton on titin

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Victoria 2

Happened to me the other day aswell. My Vijayanagarese (is that the right demonym?) soldiers in Brazil (yes, I took it from Portugal after they supported Britain's holdings in India) fought alongside Catholic zealots against Portugese patriots. Immediately we killed each other.

So, I've been hearing about AI Poland not being able to into space very well in Vanilla--Lithuania breaks away too quickly, the Golden Horde is at their door, and etc. Well, Death & Taxes takes a step in the opposite direction. And then it takes another step. And then it keeps going until you get something along the lines of

Behold! The great unified kingdom of Poland-Lithuania-Bohemia-Hungary! Poland can into space indeed.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by StreetPizza View Post
    So, I've been hearing about AI Poland not being able to into space very well in Vanilla--Lithuania breaks away too quickly, the Golden Horde is at their door, and etc. Well, Death & Taxes takes a step in the opposite direction. And then it takes another step. And then it keeps going until you get something along the lines of

Behold! The great unified kingdom of Poland-Lithuania-Bohemia-Hungary! Poland can into space indeed.
    Are those actually PUs? I can't remember what those colours mean on the diplo map.
    “Whenever the Germans found the Canadian Corps coming into the line they prepared for the worst.”
    -British Prime Minister David Lloyd George

1 Student
    Nationality: Anglo Canadian
    Religion: Atheist
    Ideology: Social Democratic
    Issues: Pro Military
    Militancy: 0 (+0)
    Consciousness: 9 (+1.63)

Would liked to bombard with >20 pics, but I guess I'll divide them into weekly posts.

Full moral army with 6-6-6 general lost, what's incredible is the loss amounted to 550 artillery units with no infantry nor cavalry casualties.

A Hungarian Hungary with no Hungarian provinces (they can cultural shift if they want)

Hungary giving its core on Wien, Austria's Capital

Royal marriage pays off...with my junior union. Does that mean I get a new heir? (I don't )

Muscovy's migration

AI Denmark joined HRE at some point (Maybe after they inherited Lüneburg)

The shoguns

Bohemian Mughals

War of Australian succession 1417 - Take that, von Habsburgs

Lastly for this week
    How the hell did Brandenburg get into this mess? (I PUed them by sheer luck)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperhawkZ View Post
    Are those actually PUs? I can't remember what those colours mean on the diplo map.
    Yep. All PUs. I saw them myself. Don't worry about not remembering--the same color is used for vassals, IIRC, so it can be confusing.

Edit: Oh, and I forgot: Poland's the Holy Roman Emperor too. And, as Byzantium, I've already gotten into a war with them in the past, so relations are borked. If I'm not careful, Poland-Lithuania-Bohemia-Hungary's might just become Poland-Lithuania-Bohemia-Hungary-Byzantium in the near future..

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Yep. All PUs. I saw them myself. Don't worry about not remembering--the same color is used for vassals, IIRC, so it can be confusing.

Edit: Oh, and I forgot: Poland's the Holy Roman Emperor too. And, as Byzantium, I've already gotten into a war with them in the past, so relations are borked. If I'm not careful, Poland-Lithuania-Bohemia-Hungary's might just become Poland-Lithuania-Bohemia-Hungary-Byzantium in the near future..
    I want to see them inherit. That will be crazy.
    “Whenever the Germans found the Canadian Corps coming into the line they prepared for the worst.”
    -British Prime Minister David Lloyd George

1 Student
    Nationality: Anglo Canadian
    Religion: Atheist
    Ideology: Social Democratic
    Issues: Pro Military
    Militancy: 0 (+0)
    Consciousness: 9 (+1.63)

If I recall correctly it gives them Restoration of Union mission-CBs on both Hungary and Bohemia.

(Plus it adds that nation formation and makes poland overpowered in general)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperhawkZ View Post
    I want to see them inherit. That will be crazy.
    I'll be sure to post another screenshot here if they do, provided they haven't run me over beforehand. Hopefully, if that does happen, their tech speed will end up in the gutter, which might give me, the current leader of the Oriental tech group (not saying much, but still) an advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Pewt View Post
    If I recall correctly it gives them Restoration of Union mission-CBs on both Hungary and Bohemia.

(Plus it adds that nation formation and makes poland overpowered in general)
    You are correct, Poland did indeed get a "form union" mission on Hungary--I saw it when I checked Poland out. I'm assuming the same thing happened to Bohemia. Too bad, too. Bohemia was the emperor and my buddy when Poland force-unionized it. I guess this means that this sort of super Poland happens more often in D&T than in vanilla (as if the screenshot didn't already tell me that), but I'm still impressed.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Hmm, in my D&T games, Poland usually gets eaten by Bohemia. The same goes for Austria. Lithuania usually eats into the hordes and prevents Russia from forming. A shame, really.

Space. SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA CE! I AM IN SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE! ~ Montenegro

Cities in MotionDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Victoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Nah, Poland isn't OP in EU3. (all the nations excluding PU's & France are vassals :P)

+ a core on Novgorod & Bogjutar.

And yes, Baden inherited Bohemia due to which i can't form Jagiellon (you need 150+ relations with BOHEMIA and not the owner of Bohemia..), snaking into GH for better borders later.

Death and Taxes makes Poland good.

I recently started playing EU3 after I bought it, then I stumbled upon this thread

A few fun screenies:

Armenia and Karaman decided to divide the Near East between them. More interesting are the two OPM hordes, Crimea and Nogai.

+ Reply to Thread