• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I cannot explain this. Ryuku are colonizing the entire planet (That's them to the left of Champani Oceania, occupied by Toki who they are at war with) and the Champa have begun the colonization of Australia also. I am the only European power who has colonized anything so far. Notice the year. Asia can into space.

Also yeah I cheat magistrates but only magistrates. I find the idea of people in the new world not being able to build a mill because those in Sweden are building a road a little bit silly.

46C3FCCA3E28E2A16CBCAD9423EF3D986AB5FD7B

I cannot explain this. Ryuku are colonizing the entire planet (That's them to the left of Champani Oceania, occupied by Toki who they are at war with) and the Champa have begun the colonization of Australia also. I am the only European power who has colonized anything so far. Notice the year. Asia can into space.

Also yeah I cheat magistrates but only magistrates. I find the idea of people in the new world not being able to build a mill because those in Sweden are building a road a little bit silly.

46C3FCCA3E28E2A16CBCAD9423EF3D986AB5FD7B

AI Ryukyu WC. This must happen.

sbsi6p.jpg

I don't think I've ever seen the Mamluks this large and surviving past the 1700 mark. Not to mention Byzantium still surviving. The Golden Horde is that OPM lodged between Lithuania and Ming. I haven't played any part in the course of these nations, the only time I have expanded east is to take Naples which was in 1500. Ming is alarmingly close to westernizing, IIRC. I can't wait until they all start fighting each other.

sbsi6p.jpg

I don't think I've ever seen the Mamluks this large and surviving past the 1700 mark. Not to mention Byzantium still surviving. The Golden Horde is that OPM lodged between Lithuania and Ming. I haven't played any part in the course of these nations, the only time I have expanded east is to take Naples which was in 1500. Ming is alarmingly close to westernizing, IIRC. I can't wait until they all start fighting each other.
Death and Taxes...
Not surprising.

My planned invasion of Gibaraltar and the blocade of spain went off course by the heroic efforts of two Spanish warships, they sank a fair proportion of the Royal Navy

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hands off the most bizarra thing that has happened so far, even more weird than the 200 year old Privateer in my service

My planned invasion of Gibaraltar and the blocade of spain went off course by the heroic efforts of two Spanish warships, they sank a fair proportion of the Royal Navy

Hands off the most bizarra thing that has happened so far, even more weird than the 200 year old Privateer in my service

Diminishing returns.
The optimal fleet is 4000 cannons.
A 6000 cannon fleet might be better.

Once you go over that your fleet will become worse (50 thousand (example) ships in HOI won't do any damage either).
145 big ships
100 frigates
and 60 transports

That's far over the optimal stack.

Too bad EU3 never mentions that you should never have more than 4000-6000 cannons in a single stack.

Yea I suspected as much, but I found that defeat to be just plain silly.. Same thing goes the other way around, when my rather puny navies destroyed Spanish navies 3 tiems there size in earlier wars

Edit: And thanks for the info

Have you heard of stacking penalties, at all? Ha, that'd be like having 150 naval units in one battle in HoI or Victoria. In Victoria, I know one Monitor/Destroyer could wipe out your fleet at that point.

EU3_58.jpg

Edit: not sure why there's a thumbnail, if someone could give me a pointer that'd be nice, thanks. I think my favourite part of this game was France having its capital in London for a while after I ate them.

Attachments

• EU3_58.jpg
    EU3_58.jpg
    193,1 KB · Views: 23