• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
another thing from the same game..... Greece declared its independence from byzantium during a particularily weak period. and then the byzantine Royal line of Kommenos started dying off. Georgia claimed the throne of Byzantium, followed shortly by Greece doing the same. They had a succession war and in the end the Greeks beat the Georgians, and the Grecian Kommenos line is now in charge of both nations..... strange as only one or two generations back the Byzantines were in a period you could call a golden age after the Ottoman turks were destroyed.

eu328x.jpg

Edit:
most of those armies are only 1-5 regiments.
Byzantium has only 136290 men in its army, making it a close third in the world behind Russia(157404)
Germany is in first indisputably, its invincible army at 486280 men. almost 4x more than the nearest rival.

I've easily crushed both the Austrians and the Bohemians in my current game, as Bavaria>Germany after vassalizing all the electors and most of germany under the Bavaria's banner and Bavaria's monarchs, the von Wittelsbachs.

I never really make it this far in, so I dunno how weird this is... but it seems pretty weird to me:

ltHiE.jpg

also, switzerland, brittany and armagnac are all pretty big, so it's not switzerland releasing them that caused it

Is Japan united? If yes, then that's a surprise in itself. o_O

If no, then that means the Japan OPM somehow got extra provinces, AND cored them (those are conquered provinces, therefore ships).

Either way, that's definitely strange.
Edit: Nvm, you're using D&T. It's still odd.

Le Pix laughs at the common EU3 player's idea of a 'largest AI empire' for he has witnessed much in his lifetime as an Indian king, and with the Aid of Austria, may be able to westernize soon.

BEHOLD.
FuckingAustria.jpg
Don't judge Austria so harshly, they are just trying to make a Christian recreation of the Mongolian Empire :D

I would call this screenshot "Total fall of Hinduism"
nq1mxt.png

I don't know if this common, but Malacca has taken over central and south India and Delhi north India, there is only tree province where Hinduism is left and they are Maldives and Taiwan, Surabaya.

No, this isn't common; Vijayanagar or Rajputana usually take (nearly) everything or split India between them. Delhi tends to die to the Timurids and Malacca tends to focus on Indochina until it gets eaten by westerners.

I call this one religion rainbow:
religionrainbow.jpg

I'm Oman and making south India Shiite, the Mughals have thrived as a Sunni power. Vijayanagar used to be the dominant central Indian power, but broke apart, and I had to get in before (and during) the Europeans took it all. This picture shows every religion in the game except Protestant, Shinto, and Shamanist. Ceylon was once Castilean (hence Catholic) but I converted a province and released them (did same with Travanacore, though they were Hindu). Nederlands had Malacca for a long time, now Aceh owns it, but you can see their Calvinist blue, they also own the blue province in Brunei. Worth mentioning it's a late start, so Spain, Nederlands, Mughals, etc. had a good start.

This is just a crazy coalition:
coalition.jpg

Portugal has a personal union with England, Castile has one with Lithuania. I think Castile had force-released Saruhan (so, allied) and Portugal as an ally, and that's how that happened. Interestingly, a few decades later, I (Serbia) am the one with a PU over Portugal, and Castile inherited Lithuania! Interestingly, I'm happy Castile inherited Lithuania-- it means next time we go to war Muscowy can hit them hard.
Edit: And this is the 1402 start, so I could be independent Serbia and not a vassal.

Is Japan united? If yes, then that's a surprise in itself. o_O

If no, then that means the Japan OPM somehow got extra provinces, AND cored them (those are conquered provinces, therefore ships).

Either way, that's definitely strange.
Edit: Nvm, you're using D&T. It's still odd.

Strange thing is.... this is from ONE war... Mutapa expanded until it was the only nation in East Africa.... Japan was united at least two decades ago... after I descovered it as Germany in I think it was 1468.... I had united germany by 1425 then focused on exploring the world for a few decads until I could support a colonial empire.... and this is in 1498(screenshot above.) another odd thing is that Hindustan has formed twice... once from Vijanigar(collapsed after a disastorous war with me that shattered their power... then from Delhi, which was prospering in the north part of India which then collapsed from a resurgence of the hordes.

It definately is, they just usually have trouble with the required cores for Germany, and someone grabbing just enough of Italy that it can't form, plus of course needing to hold Rome long enough to core when there is the event that cedes Rome back to the Papal States. The HRE is a matter of being able to get the votes and IA, which the AI can struggle with, especially if the player is involved at all.