• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Lets see (I will only go trough the main crusades and ignore others like the children's crusade, Albigensian Crusade,...):

-First crusade-Crusader victory (Kingdom of Jerusalem and other Crusader states were created)

-Second crusade-Status-quo (Muslims conquered Eddesa, The Franco-German armies failed to achieve any major success, yet in Iberia the second crusade was a great success as they recaptured Lisbon).

-Third crusade-Muslim victory (Saladin manages to re-conquer Jerusalem (And some other cities), The Franco-English armies do meet with some initial success, but in the end fail to reconquer Jerusalem, Richard the Lion-Hearted makes a deal with Saladin so Christian pilgrims can travel to Jerusalem. Richard the Lion-Hearted also does capture Cyprus from the Byzantine empire (as it was noted before), which remains a crusader base, until 1473, when the Venetian republic assumes control over it).

-Fourth crusade-Crusade failure (The crusade ends with the sacking of Constantinople and the establishment of the Latin kingdom, the crusade never even reaches its initial objective (Egypt)).

-Fifth crusade-Muslim victory (The crusade meets some initial success, but is defeated at the siege of Cairo).

-Sixth crusade-Muslim victory (The crusade itself ends with a treaty which allowed Christians to rule over most of Jerusalem, yet this is later reversed, so in the it can be considered a Muslim victory).

-Seventh Crusade-Muslim victory (Crusaders were decisively defeated at 2 occasions, the French king was captured, ransomed and later, he would once again start a crusade).

-Eight crusade-Muslim victory (Lets just say the French king is was a stupid f***).

-Ninth crusade-Muslim victory (The Mamluks fight off the crusaders and the Mongols).

Yep, the crusades sure were not a success story.

They were if you were a Muslim.

EU3_66.jpg

I'm sorry to be the one bringing the news to you Ferdinando, but that is not Sicily :(

Not sure if joking but there was a kingdom called the two sicilies cause the inhabitants of sicily and naples always called their own region sicily. If i remember that right

Essentially, yeah. Both Naples and Sicily were "Sicily" back then. Thus there were two Sicilies. And then there was a kingdom that got both these areas under their thumb, which became the kingdom of the Two Sicilies.

That's true, but that state never existed in my game, and Calabria is not part of the island Sicily.
Nations displacing outside their initial borders is pretty common.

Not sure how common this is, but it made my day when this happened
YNQH5.jpg
Not too uncommon; RMs can form PUs even without throne claims, so every once in a while an OPM will get a PU with a major. However, it usually falls apart pretty quickly.

Not sure how common this is, but it made my day when this happened
YNQH5.jpg

Not that uncommon, but I like it all the same: I have a bit of a soft spot for Flanders. Anything you can do to help them inherit? :D

nuttyinheritance.jpg

:confused::confused:

I've been enjoying this thread immensely, so I thought I would add a few oddities of my own.

First- A self-loathing Bavaria from my current Brunswick game:
EU3_8.jpg

how do you get -65 relations with yourself?

Second- Burgundy has an odd notion of 'faithful ally'
EU3_4.jpg

I had guaranteed them years earlier, then Switzerland decided to pile on.

Third- We don't know who the new king will be, but we know he's 14...
EU3_5.jpg

Finally- my entry into the Strange England contest from a recent TEU game:
EU3_7.jpg

Ireland is my vassal, and I was allied to Northumberland, but the green country on the west coast is Hamburg, with whom I had no dealings at all. They have held that territory for a good 27 years. Also, I never took territory from England until I got a core on Derby. Lancashire was captured from Holland.

Also had an odd occurrence recently, but didn't get a screenshot: I (Brunswick) was notified that I had formed a royal marriage with Guyenne. Trouble is, I hadn't asked them, nor had I received any proposals. Spontaneous elopement?

Not that uncommon, but I like it all the same: I have a bit of a soft spot for Flanders. Anything you can do to help them inherit? :D

Not sure really. I guess I could send them gifts or something