• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So yes... I was in the process of dismantling the HRE (which had fully migrated to France by this point) when I happened upon this oddity.

First...
EU3_17.jpg

Alright, it's the Pope. But then suddenly!
EU3_18.jpg

WHAT WHY HOW?

Someone conquers sub-saharan africa. Converts it. They revolt. Get elected emperor...

Heh, if they were Emperor they could get Imperial provinces. Get enough and...

"Sokot Europe"

I guess the Muslims are getting revenge for the Crusades.

What the hell you talking about? The Muslims defeated the Christian Crusaders in every Crusade except the first.

The Muslims in Iberia were defeated by Christians in the Second Crusade, and they gained several territories in the Third Crusade (i.e. Cyprus).

Cyprus was a Byzantine province that Richard I of England nicked as he passed by. The Crusaders didn't take it from any Muslims, but from Orthodox Christians.

What the hell you talking about? The Muslims defeated the Christian Crusaders in every Crusade except the first.

That doesn't really change the animosity the Muslims of that era might feel. Even though they certainly won, it'd be stretching it to say that they were unscathed.

Anyways, that is a D&T game, right? I have a successful Morocco in my current D&T game. Makes me wonder if there were changes in it to make Morocco less.....punching bag-y.

Lets see (I will only go trough the main crusades and ignore others like the children's crusade, Albigensian Crusade,...):

-First crusade-Crusader victory (Kingdom of Jerusalem and other Crusader states were created)

-Second crusade-Status-quo (Muslims conquered Eddesa, The Franco-German armies failed to achieve any major success, yet in Iberia the second crusade was a great success as they recaptured Lisbon).

-Third crusade-Muslim victory (Saladin manages to re-conquer Jerusalem (And some other cities), The Franco-English armies do meet with some initial success, but in the end fail to reconquer Jerusalem, Richard the Lion-Hearted makes a deal with Saladin so Christian pilgrims can travel to Jerusalem. Richard the Lion-Hearted also does capture Cyprus from the Byzantine empire (as it was noted before), which remains a crusader base, until 1473, when the Venetian republic assumes control over it).

-Fourth crusade-Crusade failure (The crusade ends with the sacking of Constantinople and the establishment of the Latin kingdom, the crusade never even reaches its initial objective (Egypt)).

-Fifth crusade-Muslim victory (The crusade meets some initial success, but is defeated at the siege of Cairo).

-Sixth crusade-Muslim victory (The crusade itself ends with a treaty which allowed Christians to rule over most of Jerusalem, yet this is later reversed, so in the it can be considered a Muslim victory).

-Seventh Crusade-Muslim victory (Crusaders were decisively defeated at 2 occasions, the French king was captured, ransomed and later, he would once again start a crusade).

-Eight crusade-Muslim victory (Lets just say the French king is was a stupid f***).

-Ninth crusade-Muslim victory (The Mamluks fight off the crusaders and the Mongols).

Yep, the crusades sure were not a success story.

Last edited:
What are you guys doing to this world? Prussia, Moroco and some Irish minor owning lots of NA ?? Granada owning Iberia... France divided, England split ...
Please excuse me gentlemen, i will go and cry !

What are you guys doing to this world? Prussia, Moroco and some Irish minor owning lots of NA ?? Granada owning Iberia... France divided, England split ...
Please excuse me gentlemen, i will go and cry !

Prussia owning bits of NA isn't too bad if the major colonizers are wrecks (which they are in this case.)

Lol at Moroccan England, ahahaha.

Interesting. Aztec has control of the central American regions. I don't usually see them own much beyond their capital province. Can you light that area up, too, Nafu? :p