• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The red is Aragon? or Germany?

EU3_4.png

Last edited:
Wezqu said:
As he said he changed settings for pagan nations so those winnings in america don't really count as anything odd.
Well, Denmark gave up quite easily, the no annex thing wasn't relevant at all. It was the second war between Western European powers and the Meso-American one and they won the first too. The changed i made were not relevant. If anything, it made it more difficult for the Aztecs and Songhai/Mali to conquer their neighbours.

Wezqu said:
those personal unions happen all the time and aren't really so major oddity.
In my previous games i've never seen so any one-province nations lead person unions with far larger ones, let alone 3 in one century.

It's Aragon. Note the flags.

I have seen PUs with small nations ruling larger, but not so many. No more than a couple per game. The thing I find crazy is the inheretences. Normally ones in my game are Alsace inhereting Baden or some other worthless unification of thrones.

Incans getting to Africa :p....

eu32iy1.png

Europe in Chaos... France is the Monster, Teutonic order is doing quite well, it colonize parts of canada too, the one in germany is Bohemia, Burgundy just get owned by France, and Ottoman empire is pushing into europe!, Persia is very, very big too...Utrecht is my vassal, i annexed it once for westernization :/

England owns most of North America, but still England :eek:

eu33yd1.png

i don't have the screenshot, but i find out that dai viet choose quest for the new world as 2nd NI, hell!

Last edited:
anarchistica said:
Dear god, Würtemberg has converted 3 more times now and half the Indian tribes are noreligion. I think NA could use a patch.

The religion changes to noreligion when you make a mistake while editing a save file.

anarchistica said:
Dear god, Würtemberg has converted 3 more times now and half the Indian tribes are noreligion. I think NA could use a patch.
The "swapping" you see in Wurtemberg is common in the game and comes from the logic the AI uses to decide state religion...it's partially based on the religion of its provinces, and partially based on the bonuses given to each religion. If you edit the religions so they have exactly the same effects you'll cut down on swapping a huge amount.

I'd suspect that Wurttemburg is probably halfway divided between two religions in its provinces, from your experience. As a smaller country, if it loses or gains another province it will shift the balance of the country substantially and make conversion a good idea for it.

It actually works out alright - small countries can absorb the stability hits from conversion, large countries won't swap nearly as often because it takes more and more provinces changing hands (or changing religions) to convince the AI to change.

Nuke74 said:
My German game seems to thrive on small nations acting like Sparta..
I better not go to war with any of their neighbors, that Germany guy looks powerful, although their other neighbor, Germany, has a huge trade empire.
LOL! Last time I had someone warning me not to go to war or they'd declare war on me, I decided to conduct a little experiment. I was Poland with Lithuania and the Teutonic Order as allies (the latter a vassal) and the AI was Saxony with Pommerania as a vassal/ally. Saxony came out of it down two provinces, one vassal and 100 ducats, as well as three cores on my territory that I had no idea where they came from in the first place. Be careful who you rattle your sabre at. :D

Byzantine glory said:
president no ruler he sounds like a real leader

Actually, there wasn't a president or any single leader in the Confederation of the United States of America, which lasted from the signing of the Articles until the Constitution was signed (due to the fact that the Confederation system sucked) and the executive and legislateive branches were created.

Not that the game is right, that's definitely a bug, but it happened to pick the right country to occur in by chance.

Amob_m_s said:
Actually, there wasn't a president or any single leader in the Confederation of the United States of America, which lasted from the signing of the Articles until the Constitution was signed (due to the fact that the Confederation system sucked) and the executive and legislateive branches were created.

Not that the game is right, that's definitely a bug, but it happened to pick the right country to occur in by chance.

i thought it was maybe another bug that the USA is protestant and their only province is catholic, should they not be catholic?

adventchild667 said:
i thought it was maybe another bug that the USA is protestant and their only province is catholic, should they not be catholic?

No they should not. Religion of the country is not the same as religion of its provinces. USA is protestant nation when it is formed. Most likely its still in war against the nation it rebelled from (as you can't change your religion during war) or it just haven't changed its religion yet. So in that aspect they don't have wrong religion.

Kazmir said:
The religion changes to noreligion when you make a mistake while editing a save file.
Didn't edit any of those countries.

dharper said:
I'd suspect that Wurttemburg is probably halfway divided between two religions in its provinces, from your experience. As a smaller country, if it loses or gains another province it will shift the balance of the country substantially and make conversion a good idea for it.
Well of course, if that were the case, it wouldn't be that bad. However, both their provinces are the same religion (reformed) and he swaps multiple times per year, which makes no sense. Why convert to Protestant for 2-3 months?

anarchistica said:
Didn't edit any of those countries.

Didn't say so. Just noted that you get noreligion when editing save file. Might also be because of editing other files (like how you edited the pagan religions if I'm correct.

Kazmir said:
Didn't say so. Just noted that you get noreligion when editing save file. Might also be because of editing other files (like how you edited the pagan religions if I'm correct.
They were noreligion before i did any editing. :) My game is just crazy, trust me. ;)

anarchistica said:
They were noreligion before i did any editing. :) My game is just crazy, trust me. ;)

Have you added any patches during the duration of that game? For example, I started my Inca game for my AAR in 1.2.1, played about 80 years, then updated to 1.3, and go to load that save. I find that about 95% of the world has become "no_religion" and has no government type and no ruler, no armies, no navies, no cash, no income, no relations, no diplomats/colonists/missionaries/spies/merchants, NOTHING. It pissed me off and ruined the AAR, and when I ask for help in the bug forum the moderators refused to allow input because "its not a bug its a user error as patch conversion is not supported by Paradox" which was the first time a Paradox moderator ever pissed me off. So yeah, you're better off saying "that game was just crazy" than admitting to changing patches/adding NA if you did.

Oh yeah, Duke, you have a double post above, just fyi ;)