• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How is Tver still around in 1633? And how did Saxony get an army there? Through, uh, what, Polotsk?

How is Tver still around in 1633? And how did Saxony get an army there? Through, uh, what, Polotsk?

maybe tver is just released as a result of a war, or they are vassalized by Prussia earlier so no one touched them afterward

I guess there was a war involved in at least both Tver and Saxony,

My vassals are many.

And Polotsk were my allies for a long time - they and Sweden have eaten into the Hordes.

Interesting, also, that Polotsk's capital is in Moscow.

Was playing a Hindustan game, and decided to take a look at what was going on over in Europe.

EU3_17.jpg

Was definitely surprised to see that.

The last two broke my brain. Especially number two. I mean, I know how it happens but....jeez, what are the odds? XD

Also, is Granada still Sunni? Or no? I assume not -- I'm going on a limb here and saying it's Catholic.

The last two broke my brain. Especially number two. I mean, I know how it happens but....jeez, what are the odds? XD

Also, is Granada still Sunni? Or no? I assume not -- I'm going on a limb here and saying it's Catholic.
The odds aren't actually all that bad, since the HRE is the perfect area for that GH province to get occupied by a minor that can't afford to colonize it and thus to persist as an occupied OPM forever.

Out of curiosity, after that did you ever take Vienna?

Edit: HNNNGH PEER PRESSURE

ALL HAIL KING REBELOS, LORD OF SIBERIAN REBELS!

It took me a couple of years to deal with the succession crisis, but once I cleared that up I turned my attention back to Austria, and now I'm sieging about half their provinces at the point I stopped and saved. I need to stagger the capture times so can make sure I have magistrates when they turn, so I can remove them from the Empire before taking a stab hit. Once I take the gold provinces I'll probably turn my attention to Greece for a few years.

Was playing a Hindustan game, and decided to take a look at what was going on over in Europe.

EU3_17.jpg

Was definitely surprised to see that.

It's the most perfect Iberia ever. If Normandy were to release Navarre...

This is what happens when I don't play in Europe?

GqKQo.jpg

B4y1N.jpg

9Tt8x.jpg

Ghost Songhai (they haven't existed for ~20 years). France in Calais and Wessex, but missing a good chunk of central France (10 years ago there was only one French minor still left, Foix, and France owned most of southern Burgundy). Milan, Austria, Genoa, and the Pope all thriving. Ulm still an OPM, but no longer in Ulm. Alsace expanding even though Burgundy is doing well. Sweden owning all of Scandinavia instead of having gone rampaging through Novgorod like usual. Golden Horde conquering the Balkans and TO in the 1480s (10 years ago the GH looked quite squashed). Balkanized England; not all that weird actually. Silesia expanding. Genoa in Venice. Bulgaria alive. The Golden Horde owning an island!! Extremely strong Timurids with no rebel problems eating up extremely large Vij. Oman owning the whole Arabian peninsula already. Ethiopia blobbing (you can see their tip up in Egypt). This is in the fog of war, but Malacca the 3PM and Brunei the island have an alliance and have neatly split all of south-East Asia down the middle. There is only minor left in the entire IndoChinese fog.

I am never playing outside of Europe again.

The odds aren't actually all that bad, since the HRE is the perfect area for that GH province to get occupied by a minor that can't afford to colonize it and thus to persist as an occupied OPM forever.

Basically. Finally Bohemia annexed Salzburg and colonised it about six months before my truce with the GH was up.

Also, does the Golden Horde usually sack Constantinople with 50k troops? Because that was painful.

Bretons are fighting a war against Bohemia and Karaman? Weird.

I was enjoying a game as Byzantium in Death & Taxes; And I spotted something really strange:

t4disl.jpg

Do you see it?
Other than Spain, Italy, Great Britain & Russia forming in my game (Holy Cow)... It appears England wasn't informed about Great Britain forming. If you look just above Lithuania, Lo & Behold, England!

Yeah, union countries have a habit of breaking up into their constituent parts due to rebels.

Also, country formations in D&T happen a lot more because the requirements are less strict; for example, in vanilla Italy would not have formed because they're missing Tuscany and Lombardia. Similarly, Russia is missing Tver and Yaroslavl, and as far as I can tell maybe Moskva/Smolensk/Chernigov as well.

I diddn't know that, I'm still new-iwsh :) It still took me by surprise though
Yeah, it can be really weird the first few times you see it, especially since it creates all sorts of weird problems (like labeling south africa "Dutch Holland" if both Holland and the Netherlands have cores there thanks to Holland forming the Netherlands), most of all allowing you to annihilate a country entirely for <100 warscore by forcing them to release a nation which formed them with cores on all their territory (Great Britain and the Netherlands usually).