• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
35bihq8.jpg

You can see from the undiscovered sea province down by by morroco that this wasn't from deliberate discovery. This is not the first time this has happened to me.

35bihq8.jpg

You can see from the undiscovered sea province down by by morroco that this wasn't from deliberate discovery. This is not the first time this has happened to me.
This is totally normal and will happen every game. Maps spread between tech groups (slowly), and you probably have the spread settings on default (which cause sea zones to be revealed twice as fast as land zones). Changing the spread of land and sea provinces to the same value will fix this.

The pope is just as much of a colonizer as anyone else, and the Europeans really love Indonesia starting in the 1500s or 1600s. The papal state acts just as much like a colonial power as any other AI.

The pope is just as much of a colonizer as anyone else, and the Europeans really love Indonesia starting in the 1500s or 1600s. The papal state acts just as much like a colonial power as any other AI.

Did you note the fact that the Papal states has sunni religion and malayan culture(btw is this even possible? doesn't make sense)

Its a bug but the required things to happen are so rare that its a non issue, the province would have to be the only thing owned by a catholic theocracy, then the Papal States is annexed and the pope relocates to that Archbishopic, then the pope goes bankrupt forcing them to take the culture and religion of their capital.

Did you note the fact that the Papal states has sunni religion and malayan culture(btw is this even possible? doesn't make sense)
That isn't all that uncommon. They lose a war, their mainland gets annexed, they collapse, if they're an OPM their religion and culture changes to that of their province. If you watch the log you'll notice this happens all the time with AI, especially minors.

Its a bug but the required things to happen are so rare that its a non issue, the province would have to be the only thing owned by a catholic theocracy, then the Papal States is annexed and the pope relocates to that Archbishopic, then the pope goes bankrupt forcing them to take the culture and religion of their capital.

now it gets more and more off-topic but I've never seen the Papal State annexed in any of my games... (if it was not me who annexed them:D) - somehow the AI always accepts cash and other diplomatic stuff, even when the whole Papal State is conquered.