• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
AdmiralNelson said:
Nearest French ports are the Lesser Antilles, Canada, and France's western coast, so somebody tell me how they rowed out here to the Azores.
omggalleyswut.jpg

If the naval coders are the same ones that did HOI2 I would not be too surprised to see Iroquois canoes in the Baltic Sea

Nimic said:
Nice cheating btw ;)

Shhh... :eek:o :D

That ridiculous treasury is pretty much meaningless. I always give myself 50000 ducats at the start of a game and then I realized six months into the game that I didn't need it (the Dutch get a lot of trading income), so I'm just running a deficit until it's all gone. :)

margab said:
Pax Hispanica :D

YELLOW!!!!!!!!!!

Did I mention I love Spain? :)

OMG. :eek:

birdman said:
Champa can do it, here it comes my EU3 fantasy Screenshot i got while playing JAP!

Guess i have to balance the game myself, i will declare war on em?

Sorry to nitpick! But that's Champassak, not Champa... they're unrelated although geographically close. Champassak is in Southern Laos bordering the Mekong river; Buddhist and Lao culture. Champa was on the coast, Muslim and Cham culture.

:) In either case, fight them.

Here's another weird Holy Roman Emperor for ya...
HRE.jpg

And as a note, I started this game as Morea and modded myself to be the Byzantines after I had sufficiently smashed the Ottomans. :D

...and yes, that's Corsica who is an elector there. :D

AdmiralNelson said:

Well, the trick was to attack Incan's sue for lots and lots of gold. Attack again get gold, they attack you, get gold etc. until you finally get bored and annex them. I think I made about 5000+ ducats this way :D

Edit: Plus very good kings with very good ADM stats. Helps colonisation a great deal ;)

margab said:
Well, the trick was to attack Incan's sue for lots and lots of gold. Attack again get gold, they attack you, get gold etc. until you finally get bored and annex them. I think I made about 5000+ ducats this way :D

That sounds suspiciously like abusing the cheating AI ;)

flintlock said:
Seems like a bit of a gamey exploit. I'm not suggesting it's wrong to do it, just doesn't seem like one should be able to do that.

Well, in EUIII I don't think you get a country's ducats when you annex them, so I figured why throw all that money to trash when they can be put to good use :rofl:

Pellucid said:
Here's another weird Holy Roman Emperor for ya...

*snip*

And as a note, I started this game as Morea and modded myself to be the Byzantines after I had sufficiently smashed the Ottomans. :D

...and yes, that's Corsica who is an elector there. :D

I'm not acquainted with EUIII heraldry, but is that Nubia (the one featuring the black guy).

Also funny to see, that Trebizond is emperor, but not a member state. Also Austria is the only member state that is not an elector.

Oh the fun to be had with the HRE.

Zaphod said:
Who better than Venice to get a jump on that whole canal thing :)

Right, and after finishing the channel they say: "Oh, look at all that water. Wouldn't it be nice to build a city in there?"