• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Featauril said:
france.jpg

In case you can't tell, not only do I have all the cardinals, they are actually all in my provinces.

I took the lowlands, a 2-3 off spain and 2-3 italy but this was some coincidence.

Two years later they all died and England was papal controller
Here's my version of the same thing. It's not all Italian culture though; one of the cardinals is from Istria (historically ambiguous, classified as Croatian), an Italian owned province:

3Cs said:
eu3freshfreedomkt7.jpg

That is just a funny name! Emperor Fresh Freedom of Friesland :rofl:

eu3fastestinheritanceqk9.jpg

And an inheritance after eight days! That is the fastest I have seen :eek:

As Bavaria l inherited Friesland the next day :p

Sauerkraut and Beer are sometimes as effective as cannons.

Nimismies said:
Sauerkraut and Beer are sometimes as effective as cannons.

:rofl:

Varam said:

Somebody needs to be fired at the Castilian Foreign Relations Office.

(Hint: his name starts with "A" and has only two letters in it ;) )

Look at the name of the Dead General.

scr131xb8.jpg

In Lithuanian, surnames of males and females are different. By the rules of Lithuanian Juozapas is male name, but Dapkunaite is married female surname.

NAG said:
Look at the name of the Dead General.

::screenie::

In Lithuanian, surnames of males and females are different. By the rules of Lithuanian Juozapas is male name, but Dapkunaite is married female surname.

Are there names in Lithuanian that are sexually ambiguous? In English, there are names that can go for girls as well as boys: Alex, Andi/Andy, Pat, Dani/Danny, Casey, etc. Maybe you got a Joan of Arc as your general, eh? ;)

AdmiralNelson said:
Are there names in Lithuanian that are sexually ambiguous? In English, there are names that can go for girls as well as boys: Alex, Andi/Andy, Pat, Dani/Danny, Casey, etc. Maybe you got a Joan of Arc as your general, eh? ;)

Lithuanian language has very strict defintions about masculine/femine words. The only ones that can be valid for both sexes are foreign shortings like Aleksandras/Aleksandra=Sasha, Yevgenijus/Yevgenija=Zhenya and so on. I don't know any traditional Lithuanin name that are sexually ambiguous. And only foreign surnames ending -o can be the same for both sexes. Others have different endings for males (like -as, -is, -ys) and females(like -ė, -e).

NAG said:
Lithuanian language has very strict defintions about masculine/femine words. The only ones that can be valid for both sexes are foreign shortings like Aleksandras/Aleksandra=Sasha, Yevgenijus/Yevgenija=Zhenya and so on. I don't know any traditional Lithuanin name that are sexually ambiguous. And only foreign surnames ending -o can be the same for both sexes. Others have different endings for males (like -as, -is, -ys) and females(like -ė, -e).

Alright, well, learn something new everyday, I suppose. :)

Outrageous! What does Rome think they are doing??? ;)

Varam said:
I am afraid that Sonjo is demonstrating some very self destructive behavior.

::Screenshot::

I recommend that Sonjo see a therapist immediately.

Wait... Alliance AND Personal Union and at war? That's a new one...

Duke of Earl said:
I once inherited Brandenburk as Denmark after seven days. No screenshot though... :eek:o I restarted that game. :rolleyes:

EDIT: I see Nimismies has be beat though. :D

I inherited Japan as Ming literally the day after the Royal Marriage was made. I likewise lack a screenshot... because I likewise restarted. For obvious reasons.

Kristof73 said:
American natives are superior to Western Power (vassalized Castille) .... ;)
I was laughing when I saw that :p. Especially when I lost 30.000 man on a few latin calvary ....
Clearly the Flying Necromancers were not with you in that battle.

Is it normal for Venice to grow this quickly?
UberVenice.jpg

The land within the red is what they owned by 1470, and the land within the yellow they had gained by 1482!

Now this one really gave me a laugh!
CatholictoCatholic.jpg